DVD5 as your only source?

Posted by: Le Chef on 25 July 2005

Just wondering whether DVD5 owners are using it in conjunction with a CD player or as their one and only. If in "addition to" a CD player, which CD player do you own. If "one and only" what did it replace?

MTIA
Posted on: 26 July 2005 by SimonJ
In addition to a CDX2.
Posted on: 26 July 2005 by AndyMac
Replaced a Meridian 206.

Andy
Posted on: 27 July 2005 by HiDefBob
I use my DVD5 to play DVD's, CD's and DVD-A's.
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by karyboue
My DVD5 replaced my CD5/FC2
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by Dicks Egypt
My DVD5 replaced my CDX/XPS
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by Scott Ryan
karyboue,

How does the CD performance compare with the CD5/FC2 you had?

Dicks Egypt,

How does the DVD5's CD performance compare with the CDX/XPS you had? I used to own a CDX, so I'm familiar with that unit.

Thanks, Scott
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by KCL
niam blurb mentioned that the dvd5 is at least on parr with cd5i, cannot remember where I read this though.
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by SimonJ
In between a cd5i and cd5x. Probably closest to a cd5 in terms of performance.
Posted on: 28 July 2005 by Nick Riley
'In addition' to a CDS3.

Nick.
Posted on: 29 July 2005 by Dicks Egypt
CDX/XPS is very good so the dvd5 has a hard act to follow. I'm very pleased with the CD quality although a compomise, but I now have large collection of music DVD's that I watch on our 42" panasonic with Hicap's 82 135's and Isobarik front end.
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Ryan:
karyboue,

How does the CD performance compare with the CD5/FC2 you had?

Dicks Egypt,

How does the DVD5's CD performance compare with the CDX/XPS you had? I used to own a CDX, so I'm familiar with that unit.

Thanks, Scott
Posted on: 02 August 2005 by Ancipital
My neighbours are away currently so I've been experimenting recently Big Grin

Apart from playing DVDs loud I decided to try some music CDs to see how they compare to the CDX2/XPS2 - just out of interest.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The CDs sound amazingly good though I daresay, not quite with the voice I like. I did have a step through the various modes except stereo as I forgot about that.

The outcome is that I could live with the DVD5 as my only source.

My last observation is that the HT setup I have would make an extremely good party setup Big Grin I got as far as 50 on the AV2 volume control and that was damn loud and vibrated everything in the room but was still amazingly clear.

I would think I would have to either invite my neighbours or pay for a hotel room for them for the night if I ever have a party!

Steve.