Ninja Tune Zen Cuts Compilation Vinyl vs. CD

Posted by: Markus on 23 April 2001

Has anyone had a chance to compare the CD version of Zen Cuts to the vinyl version, sound-wise?

I know the standard CD issue has more cuts than the standard vinyl version but I've seen a limited edition vinyl version that has all the same cuts as the cd... Has anyone been able to listen to both the cd and vinyl versions?

BTW, having listened to this compilation, I think it is a great set. For me it's not a question of if I should buy it, its just a question of which format...

Thanks, in advance, for any help on this..

Posted on: 24 April 2001 by Markus
Here is a question that should be a little easier to answer: Has anyone had a chance to compare cd/vinyl versions of any Ninja Tune releases? Surely somebody besides me is listening to Ninjatune stuff...

One 'a the reasons I'm curious about this is due to some recent purchases where I was able to pick up vinyl versions of tunes I have on cd. In almost all cases the vinyl versions are better than the cd versions. I know this is partly due to the poor resolution of my low-end cd player compared to my lp12. But some of the rest of you may have other experience/views, opinions, etc.

All input is welcome.

Marku