Naim Help Please

Posted by: Neill Ferguson on 18 May 2005

Dear Naim

I am looking to have the firmware on my AV2 updated. I was told that your local dealer can do this. I have asked Loud and Clear in Scotland if they can do this and was told no. Are there any dealers who can do this in Scotland or does the av2 require to be sent back to Naim

Neill
Posted on: 21 May 2005 by Paul Stephenson
Sorry we have not picked this up Neill,We will speak to L&C next week as the update is pretty straight forward.
Posted on: 22 May 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Neil,

Where abouts are you ? I'm over in Bellshill.

Roy.
Posted on: 22 May 2005 by David Dever
Some older units require a PIC upgrade, others may be flashed serially using a PC.
Posted on: 23 May 2005 by Neill Ferguson
Roy

I live in Stirling and work in Glasgow

Neill
Roy

Just e-mailed you, in case of problems my e-mail address is neill.ferguson@citb.co.uk

Neill
HT Naimee

The dealer just scratched there head, they didn't ask which firmware was in place. My AV2 is older than Oct 2004. What is the pic upgrade and what does it do. Does it improve the sound??. How much does it cost to have and does the product require to go back to Naim???

Neill
Posted on: 23 May 2005 by David Dever
Later PICs might have been a different spec chip (more memory?), hence the need for a swap....
Posted on: 23 May 2005 by neil w
what is the latest firmware code

neil
Posted on: 23 May 2005 by Roy Donaldson
I'm running AVc06, which I think is the latest at present.

Roy.
Posted on: 23 May 2005 by Don Atkinson
Neill,

Paul Stephenson above said he would speak to L&C and sort your problem out.

Paul is the topman in Naim..... like he owns it....!!

Just give Naim a ring, mention this thread on the Forum, ask how L&C are doing, and I'm sure your problems will be over.

In your phone call, if you ask Naim to explain all the various updates to the AV2 and what each one does, I'm sure they will tell you. Then you can post the info here as the 'expert' for all our benefit....

Cheers

Don
Posted on: 25 May 2005 by Adam Meredith
I have e-mailed you with some information and been in touch with your dealer. I would hope we can resolve this pretty quickly.
Posted on: 27 May 2005 by Neill Ferguson
Adam,

May I take this chance to thank you for the excelent service that Naim have shown. I have spoken with Ian at L&C he is going to arrange to do the update. The firmware I have is AVP106 thats all it says. The serial number is 18876. Its older than I thought. Nov 2002 time.

Thanks again for the help hopefully the upgrades will be done soon.

Neill