What is your New Year Resolution going to be and why?

Posted by: JeremyD on 26 December 2003

Most years, my New Year Resolution is not to make one next time. Invariably, though, I break this resolution at the last minute...

For 2004, however, I wanted something different. A good one might have been to quit the forum for a year but it occured to me that someone might notice if I broke it before the end of the week.

So, to give me some ideas, what is your New Year Resolution going to be and why?
Posted on: 26 December 2003 by domfjbrown
One - to stop worrying about things outside my control; I do far too much worrying about everyone else; also, stop blathering on about single mums, asylum seekers etc and adopt a live and let live philosophy instead since I'm not THAT bad off that I SHOULD be moaning about them - oh, and to stop reading the Daily Mail when at my folks' house so I can ensure I DO do this

Two - to stop being a gentleman when it comes to women - it gets me nowhere and nice guys NEVER finish - let alone last!

Three - see two

Four - wise up about Three and Two and work on getting somewhere by being a gentleman instead since a leopard can't change its spots Smile

Five - buy a Naim CD5i, a better cartridge, and ensure I get Glastonbury tickets again Smile

Six - track down NOW 4 on CD (fat chance)

Seven - stop posting shite like this on web forums, and try to stop sounding like I'm moaning if I DO post shite like this

Tee hee Wink

What would have followed if you had.
Posted on: 26 December 2003 by Tony Lockhart
Hey Dom,
Look here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582988033&category=1080

Tony
Posted on: 29 December 2003 by domfjbrown
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Lockhart:
Hey Dom,
Look here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582988033&category=1080

Tony

That's the LP - I have both the LP and tape (and a CDR of the original (single) CD. When it DOES turn up on &pay it doesn't go for less than £250!!!! Ouch...

What would have followed if you had.

Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Berlin Fritz
Whils't getting legless and wrecked on freshly squeezed orange juice & Champagne last night in copious quantities (Bucks Fizz to the Educated World) I met a Geezer from Santiago in Chile (As you do !) we got on straight away, so did the ladies fortunately, and we had a luvvly jubbly sing song and gig together to-boot.
Point bein (you know me, cut a long **)
he was a fan of Margaret Thatcher would you believe ? I now must eat some toast.

Fritz Von Egoisticallyshowinoffneatericinnit

Ps.Mick, "HOOT HOOT," "That's an Owl, that is "

BUMPING FOR EUROPE INNIT²
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by JeremyD
Fascinating...

<Raises eyebrow>
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Steve B
My new year's resolution is to stop trying to figure out what the hell Berlin Fritz is talking about.

Steve B

Innit Razz
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by JeremyD
Berlin Fritz is the forum's resident zen master.

To stop trying is to start succeeding.

Innitation is the sincerest form of flat battery.

Innit Smile
Posted on: 01 January 2004 by JeremyD
My resolution was "more one-liners and more smileys." Cool
Posted on: 01 January 2004 by Top Cat
Hmmm...

Drink more whisky, exercise more, lose the gut and retire within 5 years.

John

TC '..'
"Sun went down in honey. Moon came up in wine. Stars were spinnin' dizzy, Lord, the band kept us so busy we forgot about the time."
Posted on: 01 January 2004 by Steve G
Most of mine relate to fitness etc.

Lost another stone in weight (I lost 4 stone in 2003)

Complete the full Glentress Black mountain bike route including the Deliverance climb.

Climb 20 munros (I did 19 in 2003) including at least one (probably Mount Keen) by mountain bike.

Learn how to get up hills on my road bike then a 50 mile day, 100 mile weekend and a 100 mile day in 2005.

Why? Because I used to be fit when I was younger but for much of the last decade I haven't been. Now I'm getting fitter again I've also regained my love of the great outdoors so I'm spending as much time as I can out in it!

Regards
Steve
Posted on: 02 January 2004 by Rockingdoc
To try and avoid the trap of replying to posts on this forum Smile