AV 2 Firmware update

Posted by: Audio Visionary on 28 March 2005

Hello Salisbury,
It is Tuesday in England and on Thursday I am going to the Festival du Son in Montreal. We have had our AV2 about a year now and would like to know when the upgraded firmware will be available and if we as dealers can do it ourselves or must it be sent to Montreal or England for this upgrade.
Sometimes we dealers in the hinterlands are left unawares to what is going on with HQ.
On another note - do we need a sonic screwdriver
as in Dr Who to perform this upgrade? A reply from NAIM would be great to put to bed this question which keeps popping up from time to time.

Thanks,

Bryan Taylor
The Gramophone
Edmonton AB Canada
Posted on: 29 March 2005 by Manu
Hi Bryan,
Take the AV2 with you, i`ll take care of it.
Or, if you are OK with computers you can do it yourself; i'll tell you how to do it.
Posted on: 29 March 2005 by Audio Visionary
Hi Emmanuel,
I have reached the maximum I can bring on the plane with me. I'll meet you chez naim to receive the sonic screwdriver and the instructions. Smile
à bientôt,.
Bryan
Posted on: 30 March 2005 by Roy Donaldson
It would be good if Naim could put up on there website a list of the different firmware versions and the major issues fixed, features added between releases.

This would mean that people could just check the web site for updates and then make decisions on whether to go to their dealers to get them upgraded or not.

Roy.