Visit with Roy

Posted by: Neill Ferguson on 09 June 2005

Dear All

I visited Roy Donaldsons house last night as Roy was kind enough to offer to do the Firmware update on my AV2. As with my luck this weather the AV2 will require to have the pic chip updated. A call was placed to loud and clear and it goes in on Tuesday to have the work done. Can I just say at this point in a world were service is a forgotten word that Naim have taken this to a different level. Impressed I am. So much so for one of two reason it will keep me as a Naim customer for a long time to come.

The second was Roy's system, I hope I get this right. Roy runs a Sony 32" Tv, Naim Av2, CD5 and three Naim Power amps I think there Nap 90s. All are fed to Linn loudspeakers all round.

First Listen, we stuck on a few music CDs and I remembered why I loved my old CD3.5 so much the music just flowed. The sound was well balanced and each instrument could be followed clearly.
Next up were DVDs and the sound here was excellent. Well balanced and it really had that cinematic feel to it. Effects could easily be picked out and followed across the room.

I hope Roy does not mind me say this, he has invested well in his system. It is not the most expensive system I have heard but it sounds fantastic. It really does add to my own thoughts that I like the Naim sound. One thing with Roys system that did strike me was the fact he has taken time and care to setup. The whole package just flows and works. It shows that a well setup system can perform very well in the home. well done roy!!!!

Neill

Ps thanks again Roy for having me over.
Posted on: 09 June 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Neill,

Thanks for the kind words. Very nice to meet up and to spend time with another AV2 owner(I was about to say devotee :-)

The power amps are 3 x Nap140's, nice little shoeboxes, but powerful for their size.

Looking forward to seeing your Meridian DVD.

Roy.