What's new?

Posted by: Lee on 01 February 2001

New cds in my player this week:

Ku-ling Bros. - Creach: superb funky sounds from Oz courtesy of Mal (of Cabaret Voltaire fame) and Shane Norton. Elements of funk, hip hop and dub with seismic bass. I've seen people mention Fila Brazilia on this site before and I believe that Ku-ling Bros have remixed FB in the past, so may be your kind of thing. Recommended.

Luomo - Vocalcity: quality deep house from Finland's Vladislav Delay.

MDK - A Friend is a Stranger You Haven' Met Yet: lots of short tracks in various styles of techno, ambient and even techno metal. Not fully tried and tested but holds together well without being outstanding.

Muslimgauze - untitled/Inspirational Sound of.../ vs Sonar: the first is a new release but contains many familiar riffs and trademark pounding beats; the second collects together older rarities from limited releases; the third is a remix project with Sonar and pitches headlong into a superb industrial electronics soundclash which leaves you needing to chill out with...

Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place out in the Country: laidback ambience in the same vein as their album on Warp. Not up to that standard, but well worth a listen.

cheers
Lee