Squeezebox Boom v. Pure Evoke Flow

Posted by: jcs_smith on 09 October 2008

I have decided to get one of these 2 devices for my kitchen. The Boom is basically a squeezebox with a built-in amp and pair of speakers. It offers streaming capabilities, which I won’t use, internet radio and BBC listen again. The Pure is a portable with a single speaker that offers DAB, FM, internet radio and BBC listen again. To be honest I could probably comfortably go for either. The reviews are good, but they’ve both only just been released so it’s difficult to get a demo. On the forums quite a few people have stated that the Boom will sound better, but I think they’re basing that on the fact that it’s more expensive and has 2 larger speakers. Whereas the Pure can offer FM or DAB against internet radio.
Anyone got any experience here, opinions, etc?
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by garyi
I have a pure siesta clock radio with dab and its fab!

If you have no intention now or in the future using the excellent facilities of the boom, it seems a little silly paying out more for it.
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by jcs_smith
Well I would be using the internet radio and the listen again function. I wouldn't be using the streaming capabilities because I find it a bit of a faff
Posted on: 10 October 2008 by garyi
Well perhaps have a look around there is plenty of internet players out there which are not specifically Logitech