Reminders in Outlook?

Posted by: garyi on 30 December 2003

Guys is it possible to set up a monthly reminder in MS Outlook.

I need to be told at the beginning of each month to do something as I always forget, and ideally I need an automated email to be sent to someone else with the same information.

The works outlook is on windows 98 but I don't know how to tell you what version outlook is.

Cheers
Posted on: 30 December 2003 by Rasher
Yes...I've used this on occasions for appointments, but it's bollocks. Need to find a really good appointments diary freeware program.
Posted on: 30 December 2003 by David Stewart
Works well for me too! - pre Outlook, I was always forgetting peoples Birthdays; now I've got them all stored in Outlook and it gives me a reminder 2-3 days prior, to give me time to go out and buy a card and post it!

David
Posted on: 30 December 2003 by garyi
Thanks Tom, I did look at the before but did not spot the repeating function.

Just what I needed.
Posted on: 30 December 2003 by BigH47
Got a solution for Outlook Express 6?

Howard
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Rasher
I use outlook for repeating birthdays etc and yes, its great for that, but it's when I need to be reminded in half an hour to grab my coat and dash out for a meeting that its too long winded to use as just an alarm clock. You can't just set an alarm to go off without having to input why, where, how much notice do you need, is it recurring, ....aghhh....just give me a bell in half a bloody hour please!