kids digital camera

Posted by: ET on 16 October 2003

Does anyone have a suggestion for a digital camera a small child could operate? I would be more interested in picking up an old digital on ebay, rather than a new digital that is aimed at children, as most of those seem pretty crappy. I am thinking of a reliable, fairly simple, small digital of about 3-5 years ago that any of you might have had a good experience with. The kid can take a whole roll of 35mm on a point and shoot in 10 minutes, and it is too expensive to develop his photos, but I would hate to not encourage him from doing photos. thanks for any help.
Tim E
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by Phil Sparks
just stumbled across your thread, I posted something a couple of days with the same query. The front runner at the mo for me is the Kodak on Amazon for £78, see the link in the thread below.
here

Phil
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by ET
thanks Phil!
Posted on: 16 November 2003 by long-time-dead
Hi there

My kids are 8yo and 13yo so I don't know how much this will be of relevance.

I bought them a Nikon Coolpix 2100 @ GBP £160 during a PC World sale.

My decision was based on my good experience of Nikon in both digital and "analogue !" photography and that the camera was small enough for little hands to use quite easily.

The construction is sound and I also like the fact that the quality at the highest setting isn't too bad for me to stick in my pocket and use happilly !

Downside is that it only uses 2xAA batteries so they seem constantly on charge.