AV1 display

Posted by: graham55 on 15 April 2005

Anyone out there using an AV1? I picked up an ex-dem unit from my dealer recently. It does wonders for rear sound (with a 250) in my audio only setup. My one concern is that I only ever get a single green segment in the display for each channel, other than momentarily on switching off or on.

Is this as it should be?

Thanks.

Graham
Posted on: 15 April 2005 by Neill Ferguson
Graham55

Thats one for Naim for sure.

Neill
Posted on: 15 April 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Graham,

Wow, I didn't think there were any of them left nowadays. How much was it ?

Roy.
Posted on: 15 April 2005 by graham55
Slightly under £350. The dealer had put it in a store room, then forgotten about it for a couple of years!

Graham
Is anyone reading this at Naim HQ? I can't imagine that there's any point in designing a nine (?) segment display and then have only one work.

G
Posted on: 15 April 2005 by Richard AV
We have one of these. Might put it in the shop 'museum' if nobody wants it.
Richard

Don't consign it to archaeology. It's far too good for that. You should have two channel music lovers beating a path to your door.

Any idea on the display?

G
Posted on: 15 April 2005 by HansW
I have one and like it a lot. Probably Naims most underated product. I use it mainly for music, very seldom for film. Its great for live recordings and most of the time for studio recordings.

I do not use it now, four speakers and lots of wire are difficult to integrate into as living room, but hope to get it up and running soon.

How much the indicators light up will depend on the AV1 volume setting. They seem to have the same function as indicators on tape recorders.

Play around with the volume and see what happens.

Best regards
Posted on: 16 April 2005 by graham55
Hans

I've turned up the volume as much as I dare on the 52 and AV1, but still only one segment lights up for each channel. I'll give Naim a call next week.

G
Posted on: 18 April 2005 by graham55
Anyone, before I go back to Naim (it would be useful to have others' experiences)?

G