Wadia iTransport for iPod into SuperNAIT

Posted by: Jono 13 on 29 August 2008

Anybody tried it?

Does sound as good as promised?

Jono
Posted on: 29 August 2008 by JY
In a AV show in Hong Kong I heard a iPod Classic docked onto a Wadia dock played digitally connected to a roomful of Boulder gears and Wilson Sohis speakers, net price probably cost more than a Ferrari. The enture roomful of people including myself were obsiously vrey impressed with the result.

Not sure how much of it was attributed to the Wadia. But it did made me respect my 160GB iPod Classic a lot more.

I am actually suprised that the Wadia was actually quite reasonably price, at least by Wadia standard.
Posted on: 31 August 2008 by natnc
I have the Wadia itransport into the Supernait and it sounds fantastic! You must make sure that the music on the ipod is apple lossless or uncompressed to get the best sound quality. It has a slightly different presentation than my cd player, but is remarkably close. My guess is cd5i level quality with plenty of drive and prat, but VERY slightly less refined than higher level players.
It is also great fun to have friends bring their own ipods over and hear their music over a Naim system.
Nat
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by User34
It's a nice gadget the wadia dock, but I can't see it's advantage over streaming via an airport express, for example?

cheers

peter
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by Jono 13
quote:
Originally posted by User34:
It's a nice gadget the wadia dock, but I can't see it's advantage over streaming via an airport express, for example?

cheers

peter

I don't run my computer all the time so the dock would be more attractive, also the data path is much shorter which should improve things.

Jono
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by natnc
I trust that the coaxial output on the wadia running though my naim dc1 digital cable sounds better than streaming bits though the airport express, but I have not tried it and could be wrong.
Nat
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by nap-ster
quote:
Originally posted by natnc:
I trust that the coaxial output on the wadia running though my naim dc1 digital cable sounds better than streaming bits though the airport express, but I have not tried it and could be wrong.
Nat

I'd bloody hope so at ~10 times the price. I could be wrong too though.
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by natnc
Small price to pay for better sounding music. Why else are we posting on a Naim forum? Razz
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by nap-ster
Good point.
Posted on: 01 September 2008 by sq225917
The wadia does sound better than airport express, and it manages to sound better than the digital outs on a SB3 as well. There is actually a little bit of Wadia magic inside it, the reclocking is very very good.

So it's not such a rip for the UK price, i'm very happy with mine.