What's the deal with the dogs??!!

Posted by: Justin on 31 December 2003

Seriously,

Is this princess whoever with the bull terriers going to be able to skate all these laws against aggressive dogs, or no? Fer christ's sake, the thing killed the queen's dog and now, I read, it's bitten somebody else. How is this possible. hasn't it been quaranteened?

Please help me to understand the royal family.

Judd
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Tony Lockhart
When I understand politicians and war I'll tell you all about our German friends.

Tony
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Justin
What difference does it make what sort of property the dog did the biting on? If a crime has taken place, it does not matter if it was private property. It no more permissible to shoot my wife at home than it is on the street.

Even if there has been no crime, torts do not depend on location either.

Do you have special laws for the royals?

Judd
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by BigH47
The previous royal to go to court was Charles 1 a look what they did to him. So they don't always get away with it. 2 convictions in 300+ years is pretty good going. I bet the searchers for WOMD could be that successful. Roll Eyes

Howard

Happy New Year everybody. Big Grin
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by oldie
Judd,
What you have to understand is that this is "Britain", we may have people sleeping on the streets and a large number of the population existing below the poverty line. Our education system for the vast majority of young people is appalling, the health service is top heavy with administrators,and patients are either left in corridors unattended to for hours or shipped like meat all over the country. We have very little [if any worth speaking about]industry left.The population is taxed one way or the other by local or govermemt until the pip's squeak even to the extent that people living on goverment pay out's that are based on existence levels only, have to pay tax on them[ how that's worked out I will never be able to understand.Butwe can afford to go to war on Iraq at Blair's instance and "our"[ although I didn't vote or want them]Royals can do as they please,their animals have always been allowed to savage the pleb's. They are also apparently above the Laws of the rest of us[ I believe that Anne Windsor volunteered to a court
appearance] can you believe the rest of us having that opportunity.Then of course we have to put up with Philp going all over the world and making gaffs so cringing making that they would put your Ronald Reagen to shame.And before any body makes any comments about how wonderful theY are I would just say If you want them you pay for them I for one don't wish to]So to understand the
physiology of us you have to understand all of this as well [ I for one don't so I don't see how the hell you can either] to balance all of this misplaced loyalty for our Heritage I suppose you have Bush and we don't understand that either. Rant over
Happy New year to you
oldie.
PS REPLYS ARE WASTED as dI'm of to Scotland in the morning , so this time I do get the last say.
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by herm
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Alves:
And she got done for speeding back in the 80s

She got done?

Is there a sort of droit du officeur in Britain which means speed she-offenders have to provide sex on the spot?

Strange medieval country...

Herman
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Steve Toy
I was going to make some attempt to "correct" Herm's above use of the French language as I seem to be stuck in pedant mode.

However, I now realise that it is nothing more than an hermisme along the lines of "Nuño" or "Dønmark."

Regards,

Steve.
Posted on: 31 December 2003 by Steve Toy
As for the royal dogs they should all be shot - and I'm talking about both ends of the lead (if/when used).

Regards,

Steve.
Posted on: 01 January 2004 by herm
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Toy:
I was going to make some attempt to "correct" Herm's above use of the French language as I seem to be stuck in pedant mode.

However, I now realise that it is nothing more than an _ hermisme _ along the lines of "Nuño" or "Dønmark."

Good for you. I'm too good for words. Wink

Herman
Posted on: 01 January 2004 by JohanR
When royalties comes I usally like to do a report on the happenings around the Swedish court. But, I'm sorry, no problems with dogs here.

The most remarkable news is that the princess Victoria will spend here new years eve with her boyfriend, not her parents! Actually made it to the first pages of the tabloids (whith nothing on the Iran earthquake).

JohanR