New Naim AV System

Posted by: HRC99 on 02 October 2005

Just got my hands on an AV2, NAPV175 and have integrated it with my CDI, 202, 180, NAPSC and Flatcap.

I just wondered where the best place for the Flatcap to sit in this system?

Cheers!
Posted on: 02 October 2005 by Manu
between the 202 and 180.

Seriously, i don`t see the purpose of your question as there is only one usage for you flatcap in your current system. And, by the way, your system needs a Hicap instead of the flatcap.
Posted on: 03 October 2005 by HRC99
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:
between the 202 and 180.

Seriously, i don`t see the purpose of your question as there is only one usage for you flatcap in your current system. And, by the way, your system needs a Hicap instead of the flatcap.

I've only just worked that out for myself! Apologies, new to this game. Much as I'd love a Hicap at the moment, funds don't permit this at the moment!
Posted on: 03 October 2005 by Manu
You are welcome.
ask all questions you have on this forum.
Your first post gave me the impression you knew stereo Naim systems.
If your Flatcap is a first generation (serie 3), a Hicap would give a big improvment.
Posted on: 04 October 2005 by HRC99
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:
You are welcome.
ask all questions you have on this forum.
Your first post gave me the impression you knew stereo Naim systems.
If your Flatcap is a first generation (serie 3), a Hicap would give a big improvment.

More that I know what I like rather than having any technical knowledge at all, I'm afraid to say!

Moving from phono leads after years of other hifi to Naim connectors has left me a little baffled to say the least! Still not got my head around them after more than a year!

I've been relying on a mate who used to work for a Naim dealer.

My Flatcap is the Olive fronted one. Would love to try a Hicap but having got an AV2 and a 175 in the same month, will be skint for a while yet, I'm afraid!

Thanks again for the help and if you know of anywhere I can read up to understand the different connectors better (so I don't embarrass myself again!!!) I'd love to try and understand it all better!

Cheers!
Posted on: 04 October 2005 by Mark R
The following entry in the FAQ may help, and provides a link to Naim documentation, where you can find a connections guide.

Connections FAQ