Pure Evoke Flow

Posted by: jcs_smith on 25 December 2008

After much deliberation I bought a Pure Evoke Flow for the Kitchen. £129 from Amazon. It has DAB, FM, streaming and internet radio capabilities. The sound quality is quite good for a portable.
The main reason I bought it was to be able to play Dotun Adebayo’s reggae show on the Listen Again function in the kitchen. It does that well – which its main competitor the Squeezebox Boom can do. However the Pure also does DAB and FM – not much of a difference between them in quality terms, but it is a portable.
I am very pleased with it: sound quality is about as good as it gets for a portable, it looks good and it’s versatile. The interface for streaming music from a PC is not as good as the Squeezebox – which itself isn’t very good, but it’s much easier to find internet stations or podcasts of interest. Last.FM is not available – hopefully it will be in the future. I think this is the only real downside, but it’s something I can live without – I use it on my PC and main system via my squeezebox instead.
Overall I think it’s a brilliant piece of kit and I’m very pleased that I got it.