Second player out of order

Posted by: karyboue on 25 March 2005

I have my dealer's player and same thing in RGBHV ... but after 2 days this time.
The difference is that in Scart it doesn't even work Red Face
Posted on: 25 March 2005 by karyboue
The difference is that the RESET trick works this time with the Scart AND the RGBHV output.
That method should be a sticky topic !
Posted on: 25 March 2005 by Ancipital
How odd - do you know if the same software version is in each player?
Posted on: 25 March 2005 by karyboue
I don't know about the software n° or blablabla ... , because with all the trust and confidence I gave (and now "much more than forgive") to Naim, it is hard, very hard to believe that this player should for me work someday without any hint.
Tonight, when it happened, (and after I RESETED the player) a friend of mine who knows ABSOLUTLY NOTHING about HC, told me that he never heard any sound, and saw any image, like that before in his life ! I mean, he knew my HiFi, he knew my previous player and PCHT, he knew "my sound before" but for the first time he has been "mad" about it saying "oh man your rear speakers are making the life of your sound and the front are so alive" ! That was so obvious to him that he was foot-tapping on some music he didn't even enjoyed that much !
That is evidence for me or anyone on this planet that this player is fantastic ... but it should be working ! We have all been waiting for a very long time ( 2 years ?) to be buy a good player !
I know that some of you on that forum should think that my point of view is very hard with Naim but if ever you have had seen that RGBHV image (and astonishing 5.1 DD or DTS sound) I know that you would have had been as "frustrated" as I have been when it doen't work !
I know that I look like as a kid in front of a cake but there is no way I can accept that !
Posted on: 26 March 2005 by Mr Underhill
karyboue,

I've watched your software issues with interest - having had issues with my DVD5 as well.

These include:

1. Turn video output off. When I then put in a DVD and turn the front display back on the video doesn't come back on.
Solution = power cycle (turn it off and on);

2. Watching DVD. Open setup. Change video setting from auto to PAL/NTSC. Turn off via remote. Now turn it on. Get a predominantly blue screen with distorted picture.
Solution = power cycle.

3. Watching poor quality, video based extras on Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'. When panning across buildings the picture jerked.
Solution = turn off unused outputs - for me only component left on.

I've described the video software side of the DVD5 to my dealer as flakey. I assume they'll be a software upgrade in due course. Until then I'll just have to enjoy the picture and sound - and hit that on/off switch every now and then.

M
Posted on: 02 April 2005 by karyboue
The video card trouble is still happenning but it can be reseted.

But I have 2 new small bugs with the DVD5 remote and the AV2 (having a F421 - AVC0103 firmware) :

1- sometimes the AV2 refuses to wake up from sleep with the DVD5 remote (pushing first "AV" button then "on/off" red one), nothing happens. I have to turn it on with the front panel buttons.

2- changing the AV2' "mode" from the DVD5 remote, sometimes not only it changes the "mode" but also the "input" to the next one.
Posted on: 02 April 2005 by Roy Donaldson
karyboue,

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think you're meant to be at a minimum of AVC0104 to connect a DVD5 to an AV2.

Roy.
Posted on: 03 April 2005 by David Dever
Current firmware for the AV2 is AVc01-06.
Posted on: 04 April 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Do you know what it fixed David ? I'm running AVc01-05 which came out in February and wasn't aware that there was a 06 out as of yet.

Roy.
Posted on: 04 April 2005 by Trevor
How do you find out which software version your AV2 is.
Are there special buttons to press or is it as awkward as disconnect everything, slide off the case and look for a chip with a sticker on???
Posted on: 04 April 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Trevor,

It's dead easy:

Press and hold the OSD button on the remote and it will tell you the version. You probably want to be at AVc01-04 as a minimum.

Roy.