trigger happy tv

Posted by: wal riley on 21 April 2001

If anyone's been watching the re-run on chaz 4, then you'll know that Dom Joly has great taste in music, BUT there is a song that he plays regularly, which I think is called 'Haunted', that isn't included on either soundtrack album. The singer sounds sort of Brian Ferry-ish (if, indeed, it actually is!)and the song is sort of acoustically arranged around the singers voice. If it's not big Bri, then who is it singing this song?

[This message was edited by wal riley on SATURDAY 21 April 2001 at 20:11.]

Posted on: 21 April 2001 by P
But that sequence where he hurtled 'round the corner at Heathrow in that beat up old taxi cab before leapin' out wearing a crash helmet in front of the weary travellin' types waitin' all patient in the typical sheep like Heathrow taxi queue had me in stitches mate.

Daft, granted, but still almost Genius in its effectiveness.

P.

[This message was edited by Pierre on SUNDAY 22 April 2001 at 10:07.]

Posted on: 22 April 2001 by wal riley
Agreed, its a very good programme, and with a near faultless soundtrack to boot. Anyway, after much searching the web, i came across a tribute site to THTV, which listed every song ever played on the show and in which episode. Apparently, the song I was looking for is called "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot. If you're interested, the web site's address is:

http://tva.muon.posiweb.net/

Wal big grin