Frontrow on mac

Posted by: Wazza69 on 17 November 2008

Hi,

Does anyone use Frontrow via their Mac Mini's and TVs? Is it usable in the longterm? Seems to be the same as using Squeezebox?

Thanks,
Wayne
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
Hi Wayne,
Frontrow works fine and I've used it, I tend to use my iTouch but that's only because it is small and discreet and I don't like the TV to be on when I'm listening to music
Barrie
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by garyi
Its very competent and if you set it to open when you insert a DVD it becomes a very handy media programme.

It will also play different kinds of video fromat unlike appletv which is very restrictive
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by Wazza69
quote:
Originally posted by baz100:
Hi Wayne,
Frontrow works fine and I've used it, I tend to use my iTouch but that's only because it is small and discreet and I don't like the TV to be on when I'm listening to music
Barrie

Which leads me to my next question....

What do you do in terms of charging the iTouch? How long does it last on the charge if your only using it as a remote? Do you pop it back on the dock every night for some juice?

Thanks. Considering my options for best way to go about managing a large digital collection.

Waz
Posted on: 19 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
Hi Waz,
I guess the usage will effect the length between charges, I use mine for reading the news on-line etc as well as using it as a remote and my iTouch lasts several days between charges, I tend to connect it to the Mac to recharge, but obviously you can buy a seperate charger if you want.
Hope this helps
Barrie
Posted on: 19 November 2008 by james n
Mine lasts a couple of evenings of listening (well acting as remote control for listening) and then i charge it. I've got a USB lead i pull out from the side of the rack for charging the touch or updating my work iPod from the music server mac. I dont use the 'always connected' mode on the touch so battery life is a lot better.

James