HDX remote on strike

Posted by: Nagual on 30 October 2012

My HDX remote has decided to partially restrict its services.  No problem controlling the pre amp but ask it do control anything specific to the HDX ad its out to lunch!  Anyone else had this problem? Have i sat on a couple of buttons and put in into a strange mode - like i did with my CDX2 de-selecting the din outputs! doh!  thought i would try here before turning up at my dealers again with a dufas sign hanging from my back - again!

many thanks in advance

Posted on: 31 October 2012 by Richard Dane

This for the UQ/NDX etc.. remote, but the HDX might be the same.  You may wish to double check with Naim's Steve Hopkins via e-mail or phone to be sure:

2.3 Please note that this unit's remote handset has been configured to work on RC5 System Code 13

2.4 If the unit stops responding to remote control commands try resetting the remote handset as follows:

Press, all at the same time, the “aux”, “i” and “5” keys. This will reset the handset to System Code 13.

2.6 If the remote still does not control the unit reset the unit's System code as follows:

Turn the unit off.

After about 20 seconds turn it back on and while the logo is displayed on the screen point the remote handset at the unit and press the

“aux”, “i” and “5” keys all at the same time, as described above.

The screen will display “IR COMMS System Code 13” to confirm the change has been made.

2.7 If the unit has a firmware update in the future the handset will need to be reset to System Code 21, as follows:

Press, all at the same time, the “aux”, “i” and “disp” keys.

Posted on: 30 August 2013 by Nagual

input page down and "1" pressed simultaneously got the remote and machine back in sync

Posted on: 30 August 2013 by Manu

Rich,

this doesn't apply to Servers, only to network players.

Nagual has got the sequence...