HDTV burn-in

Posted by: joerand on 08 November 2014

I've experienced burn-in with audio products, but never thought about it with other electronics. Having just bought a HDTV, I have to say that, unexpectedly, the picture improved noticeably over the first few hours of use. Interestingly, I could describe that visual change in many of the same terms we ascribe to audio electronics; better resolution, greater clarity, and truer color (perhaps timber?). I wonder if others have had the same experience?

Posted on: 09 November 2014 by rackkit

My Pioneer Kuro took a few weeks to settle down before it looked its best. There's probably more to come as I've not had it ISFd but did find some user settings that are meant to get fairly close.

Looking forward to the next gen sets with 4k if the demos are anything to go by. 3D can take a jump but 4k looks great. 

Posted on: 30 November 2014 by mudwolf

Years back with my first flat screen I was just so stunned with the detail and scale since I'd retired my 21" Magnavox.  After 2 weeks a friend stopped by and used one of his DVD setup guides to get the right look for film, but it was much easier to look at than before. Stands to reason that the LEDs needed to settle in. I hated the sound so I have always used my stereo and Harbeth speakers for sound.