Uniti qute as part of home cinema system

Posted by: Oldgit on 16 November 2014

Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise me if what I am going to suggest will work?  What I have at present is an Oppo 105 a Uniti qute 2 and an Primare power amp along with a Rel sub.

The Oppo has 7.1 outputs, so if I connected the L & R output from the Oppo to the analogue inputs on the Qute2, then changed the Oppo output to variable from the fixed setting so the volume is controlled by the Oppo. I assume that I would have to select and stick to the same volume on the Qute when I wanted to watch a movie. That would just leave the two rear channel outputs  from the Oppo to go into the Primare for the rear. speakers. I would have to forgo the centre for the minute. Would this work or is there a better way? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 17 November 2014 by Brubacca

You can set the Qute analog input to a fixed volume for use with Home Theater.  That way your oppo can control the volume when the Qute is on the analog input and the Qute would do the volume for other inputs.  

Posted on: 17 November 2014 by Oldgit

Thanks for getting back to me, re volume control do you mean set the Qute to say 30, leave it there and use the Oppo volume control for movies? Sorry to be thick.

Nope..

check out the manual under 4.3.8 rear analog input.  Set  AV Fixed Volume to-----  Yes. Now rear analog input is unity gain for use with AV system.  

No worries.  I have wasted way too much time learning all this stuff.  

Posted on: 28 November 2014 by Oldgit

Hi, I am using an Oppo 105 into the Qute through the analog input and to my old ears it sounds very good. Now I need a NAP 100 for the rears and another set of ATC 7s.

Posted on: 01 December 2014 by Microbiologycory

Hi,

So I have a UQII as well, and was thinking of an Oppo 103D as well for movies and streaming of movies and music.  My question is, why is the UQ a good option for this setup?  If you already have a 7.1 re-out player and a 5-7 channel amp, why add a UQ? (Unless for the extra 2 channels of amplification, 30W to rears maybe?)

I could see a couple pairs of NAP 100/200s being an interesting pairing for Oppo...

Why did Naim bail on HT?  Its bigger now than ever, and sound quality is FINALLY of paramount inportance with DTS:MA and DolbyHD

Posted on: 01 December 2014 by Oldgit

Hi,

Laziness if I was honest, I can control the UQ2 and Oppo from the Ipad, the Primare is a two channel power amp which I had before the UQ2 and dosen't get used at the minute because I would have to get up and switch it on (pathetic I know) The QU2 and when money allows a NAP 100 to the rears will suit fine, as the NAP is auto sensing, everything is done from the Ipad. Plus it all looks consistant. Cant answer the other questions other than commenting that modern Blue ray players do all the processing for you.

I cant praise the Oppo enough, build quality, updates and you would get something back on it if you ever change your mind.