Humax HDR FOX T2 - Hard Drive

Posted by: Southweststokie on 11 December 2014

I have the above hard drive recorder and I notice that the hard drive appears to be running whenever the box is switched on even when it's not recording or I am not watching a recorded programme. Does anyone know if this is normal or is there problem?

Thanks in anticipation for your comments and advice.

Ken

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Hanner

I don't know the Humax, but all HDD-recorders/receivers I ever owned offered a "rewind" function and therefore the harddisk needs to run and record the actually viewed program.

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Southweststokie
Originally Posted by Hanner:

I don't know the Humax, but all HDD-recorders/receivers I ever owned offered a "rewind" function and therefore the harddisk needs to run and record the actually viewed program.

Hanner,

You are absolutely right. As it shadow records the channel that you are watching the disc must obviously be running. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ken.

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by The Meerkat
Originally Posted by Southweststokie:

Hanner,

You are absolutely right. As it shadow records the channel that you are watching the disc must obviously be running. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. 

Ken.

Ken...My Humax Freesat box does the same. It's also because, if and when you pause live TV, the hard drive is recording.

Anyone fancy a pint!

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Southweststokie
Originally Posted by The Meerkat:
Originally Posted by Southweststokie:

Hanner,

Ken.

Ken...My Humax Freesat box does the same. It's also because, if and when you pause live TV, the hard drive is recording.

Anyone fancy a pint!

Thanks for that, yes I do fancy a pint but I'm not pi**ed you know.