Setting up an Arcam 350 and Unitilite ...... 5.1 system

Posted by: dap1 on 02 January 2015

Have an Arcam 350 AVR loved it for along as I've owned it but wanted a dedicated 2 channel stereo system for dining room  .. probably 11ft by 10 ft so not a massive room and even the U.L is a little overkill for the size of the room and I think a Muso would be just the ticket in there  ( oh and the dining room adjoins the neighbours house so never really use the U.L to its potential .. that leaves me with the above kit and a living room with a 5 .1 speaker set up ... Now I love the sound of the Naim its wonderful but does anyone use their Naim for 2 channel and an AVR for 3.1 .. basically i want the Naim to drive the 2 fronts and the Arcam to do the rest so when I'm just in music mode its just me and the Unitilite ..... in real basic terms what would you recommend i do and how do i go about it please there must be a way but I'm a little bit .. all the gear no idea .... thick 

Posted on: 02 January 2015 by KRM

Set one of your analogue inputs on the UL to AV FIxed Volume. Run an phono interconnect from the front stereo Pre-out outputs on the Arcam to the fixed Volume input in the UL.

Sorted. You can now control AV volume on all channels with the Arcam.

You may get buzzing if the AV amp. If so, buy a ground loop isolator from Maplins.

Keith

Posted on: 03 January 2015 by Dungassin

Does nobody ever look at the FAQ section of these forums?  See my FAQ for how to integrate stereo and av systems.

Stereo and AV integration