Need some help please :)

Posted by: HT-Naimee on 03 January 2015

Hi guys and a Happy New Year to all of you!

I guess my year got of to a great start in many ways, but not in my Naim system. Think it got scared by all the fireworks, so now I have to play doctor

Well, my AV2 has started acting up again. Plays anything analogue but nothing digital. Neither coax nor optical work anymore. Either I get no sound at all or I get which noise or popping sounds. Happen a year or so ago and then suddenly went away by itself.

Anyway, since it is back and I had to reopen the AV2 to check it out again, I figured I would fix what wasn't quite right with my DVD5 as well. It is on its third (?) drive now and this one has started to get stuck. So when I turn on the DVD5, the draw won't open until I give it a "gentle" smack on the head. Then it works.

Does anyone know which screw to tighten or loosen to adjust the drive a bit? Or is that silver thingy glued to the top for that. Looks a bit DIY, but it was installed by MusicLine (Naim Germany) like that (sorry, cannot post picture here, but will check to see if I can find a temporary file host tomorrow for this).

Any hints?

Thanks guys and enjoy your gear!

Edit: Picture of the silver thingy on the drive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpxg...0103_230521.jpg?dl=0

Posted on: 04 January 2015 by rackkit

I think they both need sending back to Naim HQ if i'm being honest. Whatever your dealer did with the DVD5 clearly was only a temporary solution. The AV2 sounds like it needs expert attention too. 

Bite the bullet and get them sent to Naim themselves!