Connection instructions for Smart TV audio through SuperUniti

Posted by: RTod on 26 March 2016

I am would like to connect my new LG Smart TV up to my Kef LS50's through my SuperUniti but unsure of precise way to do this. I do not want to 'risk' anything near damge to such a wonderful piece of kit as the SU, hence my appeal for detailed help.

Obviously, I need optical connectors and was thinking of Chord and from what I see at the back they need to double-end male connectors(the small ones). Any other recommendations forconnects ? ( I do not intend to connect up any other speakers to form 5.1/7.1, ...etc system, just the Kefs).

Connecting cables at both ends looks clear enough. The next part of the set-up is a mystery to me (i.e. how to make TV output got thru Kef's via Naim App.

It may be obvious and trivial to some but I would appreciate any advice that may be brought to this sibject.

Thank you in advance

Posted on: 26 March 2016 by Mike-B

Looks like you know what to do with the optical "cable"  ........  I would not be in a rush to get Chord,  look around www & see if there are reviews & recommendations.  It might be a best review cable is from a www shop for a lot less than Chord.    

To set up the app is easy  -  you need to note the digital input number on the SU - open the settings tool (gearwheel) top right corner -  Input Settings > go to the Digital (number) used on the SU > Open & Enable Input  - then name it TV (or whatever)    

It will now show up on your app screen 

Posted on: 27 March 2016 by Adam Zielinski

Good advice. Start with a normal optical cable and just see if this is what you wanted. 

If you like what it does, upgrade later.

You can assign the optical input on your SuperUniti to a particular button on your remote. In your case I suggest you use a TV button. 

Adam