Arcam bargain

Posted by: staffy on 10 August 2016

Just bought myself from Nintronics an Arcam Solo Plus sound bar  for £299.  This used to cost £1000 a litlle over a year ago.  With four 4" speakers and two 1" tweeters angled out for a wider sound dispersion seems like an absolute bargain to me.  It decodes DTS HD Master Audio and has 4K pass through.  Well pleased.

Posted on: 11 August 2016 by Scooot

Let me know how you get on with this please.I had a Yamaha sound bar that was a nightmare to set up and didn't sound that great.At that price a may give one a punt if your review favours it.

I used to have arcam delta separates before moving over to NAIM and found they always produced great kit.

Enjoy

cheers

Posted on: 12 August 2016 by staffy

Not to happy at the moment.  The Solo is proving a nightmare to get right.  My TV a 60" LG plasma,which gives a lovely picture, along with my Sky and Sony BD player.  

However since I introduced the Solo to the mix nothing has gone right.  I have managed to get the Sky working, its connected via HDMI to the Solo, but as my TV does not have ARC, I am using an optical lead, from the Solo to the TV in order to get picture and sound.   The audio I get is PCM, which is better than Dolby Digital so I am pleased with that.

My Sony BD player has now gone berserk after connecting it to the Solo.  All I get is a load of vertical coloured lines wizzing around the screen.

The Quad sub, is connected by a lead but does not seem to be working.

I am regretting taking out the Q Acoustics Media 4 sound bar as everything worked perfect with it.

Will persevere for a while and see what happens.

Posted on: 13 August 2016 by staffy

Dicky HDMI lead caused all the problems.   After testing the leads things are a lot better. 

Posted on: 15 August 2016 by staffy

Two faulty HDMI leads now replaced.   Everything working fine, nice clear sound that can go  loud without breaking up.   The Arcam spreads the sound right across the front listening  area.

Posted on: 23 August 2016 by Adam Meredith
staffy posted:

Two faulty HDMI leads now replaced.

'To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.’