Happy Birthday Kirk Douglas

Posted by: MDS on 09 December 2016

With all the sad RIP posts on the Music thread about the many musicians who have died during 2016, I thought the occasion of Kirk Douglas reaching his 100th birthday today was worth a mention and celebration. The BBC website has a piece which includes some nice photos. Happy Birthday, Kirk. 

Posted on: 09 December 2016 by naim_nymph

I'm Spartacus!

Posted on: 12 December 2016 by Kevin-W
MDS posted:

With all the sad RIP posts on the Music thread about the many musicians who have died during 2016, I thought the occasion of Kirk Douglas reaching his 100th birthday today was worth a mention and celebration. The BBC website has a piece which includes some nice photos. Happy Birthday, Kirk. 

Kirk and Olivia de Havilland (who turned 100 in July) are the only major stars left from Hollywood's golden age. Both are retired now of course, but one hopes they will keep going for a good few years to come.

On a different but related, note, did you know that there is only one (certified) person left alive in the world who was born in the 19th century? Emma Murano if Italy was born on November 29, 1899...

Posted on: 13 December 2016 by MDS
Kevin-W posted:
MDS posted:

Kirk and Olivia de Havilland (who turned 100 in July) are the only major stars left from Hollywood's golden age. Both are retired now of course, but one hopes they will keep going for a good few years to come.

On a different but related, note, did you know that there is only one (certified) person left alive in the world who was born in the 19th century? Emma Murano if Italy was born on November 29, 1899...

Didn't know that, Kevin. Given the age, I'm surprised anyone is still alive. Emma had certainly got value for money from her pension! Good on her.  

Posted on: 13 December 2016 by Eloise
MDS posted:

I was thinking similar earlier...