Bladerunner 2049

Posted by: Yetizone on 19 December 2016

Blade Runner sequel teaser trailer now online: http://www.empireonline.com/mo...irst-teaser-trailer/

I don’t know how many Bladerunner fans are on the forum, but the forthcoming sequel now has its first teaser trailer, and I think it looks rather interesting.  Enigmatic and arresting visuals, without context, so not giving away any plot indicators (good!). Plus, based on his back catalogue, I think the movie is in very capable hands with Denis Villeneuve. 

Even so, its all keyed into the script and concept so I hope it does justice to Ridley Scott’s interpretation of the P.K. Dick short. So, I remain optimistic. I've been apprehensive about the notion of sequel as Bladerunner is my favourite movie - fingers crossed its a worthy of the original and they don’t mess it up!

Posted on: 19 December 2016 by ChrisSU

Excellent news, I've been getting a warm fuzzy feeling dreaming about watching this on my Samsung 

Posted on: 19 December 2016 by winkyincanada

Yes, please don't be $h!+e.

Posted on: 19 December 2016 by Adam Zielinski

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

It seems not all is lost.

By the by chaps - if you like vinyl, pick up a Vinyl copy of the original Bladerunner music - it is sublime...

Posted on: 20 December 2016 by Mr Underhill

I remember going to see the original with my best friend from school, and we both loved it. Unfortunately that was not a bell weather, the film did not perform well at the the box office.

I am hoping that they have something new to tell us here, not just a re-run of the original. I have heard that there may be a tie in to Prometheus 2, that is released just prior to this .....I do hope NOT.

Fingers very crossed.

M

Posted on: 20 December 2016 by Yetizone

I didn’t see the first release at the cinema, first viewing was on video (235 ratio) played on a tiny 4:3 ratio TV, so made little or no impression.

Years later I did see the Ridley Scott directors cut (shortened and restored to non voice over) version in Leicester Square and it worked so well on the big screen. I was then blown away by it and the penny final dropped! Has to be one of my defining cinema experiences.

I hadn’t read about the Prometheus link either. A flawed movie, but it does have its moments. 

Agree, separate entities and no need to overlap franchises, unless there’s something between Tyrell and Wayland corp. That could be interesting as long as its a viable plot device and not a forced clunky marketing ploy ?

Posted on: 20 December 2016 by Dan43

Might need to re-visit the original over Xmas break.

Posted on: 20 December 2016 by dayjay

I am so excited, hope it doesn't let us down as the original is the greatest scifi film ever in my view.  Trainspotting 2 to look forward to also

Posted on: 20 December 2016 by Dan43

http://bladerunnermovie.com

#bladerunner

@bladerunner 

Posted on: 02 January 2017 by TOBYJUG

I wonder who's doing the score for it ?  Vangelis is still very active and I hope they have him back.

Posted on: 02 January 2017 by Yetizone

Not sure - but I do hope Vangelis is back on board. On the teaser, I like the ominous background rumbling that builds to a cracking sound, plus there are faint hints of the original film score in there. 

Posted on: 02 January 2017 by Yetizone

... No Vangelis

If Wiki is correct: "Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson, who has previously worked with Villeneuve on PrisonersSicario and Arrival, will be composing the score to the sequel.[40] According to Jóhannsson, the decision was made a long time ago. He praised composer Vangelis for his previous work, and that it will be "an enormous challenge of mythical proportion"

Posted on: 02 January 2017 by Adam Zielinski
Yetizone posted:

... No Vangelis

If Wiki is correct: "Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson, who has previously worked with Villeneuve on PrisonersSicario and Arrival, will be composing the score to the sequel.[40] According to Jóhannsson, the decision was made a long time ago. He praised composer Vangelis for his previous work, and that it will be "an enormous challenge of mythical proportion"

Disappointing to say the least. Music is as much part of the move as the acting itself.
But let's give him some credit - we an always complain later