Uniti Nova/Star/Atom - AV bypass feature?

Posted by: trans on 11 June 2017

Hello,

I'm interested in adding simple two-channel audio functionality to my home theatre system. I'd like to do this without turning on any displays. 

The new Uniti series seems to be the kind of equipment i'm looking for...does anyone know if the analog inputs offer a fixed volume level or AV bypass function ?

For context: I've been using three Nap 100s for amplification. One would be replaced with a Uniti to drive my front left and right speakers.

Thanks for any insight,

db

Posted on: 11 June 2017 by Penarth Blues

I'm using the current Uniti2 for AV duties in my household and I use the fixed volume Optical In, with the Naim remote for volume control. With the new Uniti then you can use HDMI with ARC to control the Uniti volume from the TV remote I believe. The HDMI link is included with all Uniti above the base Atom, and you can spec it as an option for the Atom

Posted on: 11 June 2017 by trans

Thank you. HDMI ARC is not supported by my display. I should clarify. 

I would like to use the volume control of the Uniti for all sources except one analog input, where the amplification will operate at a fixed level.

I have a separate pre-processor for video sound channels, equalization and volume control. The processors front left and right analog outputs would connect to the Uniti's stereo analog inputs.

Posted on: 11 June 2017 by Penarth Blues

I'm not sure for the new Uniti series but section 4.3.8 at the link below shows this is possible for the current Uniti 2 series:

https://www.naimaudio.com/site..._english_issue6c.pdf

Yes, that's the feature I'm looking for. It's also in the Uniti Range manual (4.3.12). I hope this option is carried into the new lineup...

Has anyone browsed through the

menu/app of a Uniti Nova/Star/Atom demonstration model and noticed the AV fixed volume feature?

Posted on: 15 June 2017 by Fleisch

db, it is the unity gain feature you're looking for, right? I asked the question back in October (third item):

https://forums.naimaudio.com/to...06#64640389019535106

Atom, Star and Nova do feature a unity-gain AV input.

Posted on: 15 June 2017 by trans

Thanks Fleisch!

Just what I need to know...