AV2 sub and center channel dead?
Posted by: Fleisch on 14 June 2017
Dear forum members
My beloved AV2 is acting up lately - it stopped outputting any signals via sub/center channel (contraire to the last nine years). The main channels have no problem. No rears as I'm running it in a 3.1 configuration. What I have tried so far:
- n-SUB and n-CENT work properly (tested)
- all cables work properly (tested)
- Reset according to manual, reentering the speaker information: no test tone output via sub and center
- Hard power down, leaving it unplugged overnight - no luck
- Searched this forum, similar problems seem to predate the current firmware
Naim AV2 Firmware:
AVC0107 (naim PIC revision)
F658 (control DSP revision)
Maybe you guys have a hint or two for me how to bring my AV2 back to order - thank you! Richard, you even mentioned in one thread in 2013 that [..] I'll try to dig out my old AV2 troubleshooting documents and see if there's anything there to help [..] - I'm hoping for it
I already talked to my dealer and he is working on it - I just thought I give the universal wisdom of this great forum a try...