stream audio from DVD

Posted by: RelyGazer on 17 July 2017

hello all, do you have been impressed by these wonderful audio in your DVDs? I wanna  stream audio from my DVD, but i googled a lot and found too many passages, such as http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/ and http://www.videoconverterfacto...tips/dvd-to-wav.html according to their guides, i still can not stream audio because they seemed can not identify my DVDs, it said "no DVD", but i really put DVD into DVD-drive, what should i do, anyone can help me?  thanks a lot

Posted on: 17 July 2017 by AndyP19

Not sure if this any help but you can rip the audio content from a DVD then listen to the resulting files.

I use www.dvdae.com which you can download on a trial basis.

Posted on: 19 July 2017 by blythe

I too have ripped the "audio only" from some of my DVD's. That way I can listen to the music on any device, anytime, anywhere.

Posted on: 20 July 2017 by Mr Underhill

Hi Relygazer,

I think you may be confusing two things, DVD & DVD-A (DVD Audio).

DVD as a standard allows for various audio formats, DVD-A for others. You cannot play DVD-A on a normal DVD player. If you are using the sourceforge project to burn DVD-A these won't play on a standard DVD player. I have used that software historically, and a good job it did; however, the world has moved on.

I stopped experimenting with DVD-A some years ago and ripped the tracks of my commercial discs to wav files, that I still play.

I am not sure what you mean by 'stream audio from my DVD'. Like Andy & Blythe I will assume you you want to get the music from your DVD discs and stream them on whatever system you use. Like them I rip the soundtracks. My preference is DVD discs with non-lossy LPCM tracks, but you can also rip lossy 5.1 tracks, DTS and DD. These then need to be transformed into stereo tracks. I generally use Linux to do this as there are mature tools for doing this. If you go down this route then look at dithering, this is needed to assist in guessing the form of what has been removed from the lossless source.

M