Dylan's Gospel Years.

Posted by: Wugged Woy on 01 October 2017

'Official Bootleg Series' big box of Bob's 'I've found God' years stuff. Live sets from 80 and 81, studio outtakes, unreleased material and a DVD of a documentary about the Gospel period  live tours.

Loverly, juberly !! What joy ! Compulsary purchase. What ya waiting for ? It's available for pre-order (release 3rd October) from all well-known sellers.

Look, it's Bob, it's previously unreleased stuff from one of his hottest periods (before his voice went down the pan....... ).  Just DO IT. Nuff said.... !!

Let the bitchin' begin........... 

Posted on: 01 October 2017 by Skip

I have this one.  Dylan's Gospel.

Posted on: 09 October 2017 by mudwolf

I just saw the movie  "I'm Not There" with all the confusing flashbacks and multiple people playing him, Cate Blanchet was incredible in the drugged confused period.  I remember some of his like Slow Train Coming and other songs on the radio.  That period really confused and shocked people not just the fans.  I'm going to play it again tonight before sending it back.

Posted on: 10 October 2017 by Ricky Dasler

I've got the super dupa  9 disc set on order...

Posted on: 11 October 2017 by Wugged Woy
Ricky Dasler posted:

I've got the super dupa  9 disc set on order...

Good lad  You know it makes sense 

Oh, and me too, from BobDylan.com. Can't wait. This set is going to be a bit special. Trust me, I'm a doctor....... 

P.S. Here in Poland, you must be careful saying 'super dupa' - it means something quite different and a pretty girl may slap you !!!!

P.P.S. Soooooooooo jealous of your location...................... 

Posted on: 13 October 2017 by David O'Higgins
Wugged Woy posted:

'Official Bootleg Series' big box of Bob's 'I've found God' years stuff. Live sets from 80 and 81, studio outtakes, unreleased material and a DVD of a documentary about the Gospel period  live tours.

Loverly, juberly !! What joy ! Compulsary purchase. What ya waiting for ? It's available for pre-order (release 3rd October) from all well-known sellers.

Look, it's Bob, it's previously unreleased stuff from one of his hottest periods (before his voice went down the pan....... ).  Just DO IT. Nuff said.... !!

Let the bitchin' begin........... 

Was this actually released 3rd October? Is it available as a download from anywhere?

Posted on: 13 October 2017 by Ricky Dasler

Next month.

Posted on: 14 October 2017 by Wugged Woy
Ricky Dasler posted:

Next month.

OOPs !!!!  I meant to type 3rd NOVEMBER earlier. Sorry for confusion !

Download is available by pre-order from Amazon.co.uk I believe. From what I read, if you pre-order, you can download one track immediately and the rest will follow on 3/11.

Posted on: 16 October 2017 by David O'Higgins
Wugged Woy posted:
Ricky Dasler posted:

Next month.

OOPs !!!!  I meant to type 3rd NOVEMBER earlier. Sorry for confusion !

Download is available by pre-order from Amazon.co.uk I believe. From what I read, if you pre-order, you can download one track immediately and the rest will follow on 3/11.

Thanks for the clarification. Dylan has been one of the few 24 bit ‘reliables’. I really look forward to this!

Posted on: 16 October 2017 by alan33

Hmm, cool. Might have to re-evaluate my “subscription only” years. I saw the Toronto show in ‘80 at Maole Leaf Gardens, Al Kooper on keys and an amazing band and choir. Bob rocked it, still a highlight in my reminisce. Thanks for the heads up... available, appropriately, in time for Xmas. 

Regards alan

Posted on: 05 November 2017 by David O'Higgins

I bought this yesterday from Qobuz, but it won’t download and I have had no reply from customer support (no weekend support? Anyone else tried it?

David

Posted on: 08 November 2017 by David O'Higgins

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I want to air this a bit further. Qobuz finally came back to me on Monday morning saying that there was a problem with this album, and inviting me to choose something else which they would ‘slip into my account’. I told them that I didn’t want to spend €75 just then on anything else and that I wanted a refund. They came back saying that they don’t do refunds and again inviting me to pick something else. I told them that European law entitles me a refund and that I had bought the album elsewhere (from HDTracks). 

Next they came back saying that they have come up with a (pretty roundabout) way to download the album and inviting me to do that. I reiterated that I had already bought it elsewhere, and insisted on a refund. To be continued.....

Posted on: 08 November 2017 by pete T15
Skip posted:

I have this one.  Dylan's Gospel.

Me too , I heard “All along the Watchtower “ on FIP radio from Paris and bought immediately. Superb ! 

Posted on: 09 November 2017 by AndyP19
David O'Higgins posted:

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I want to air this a bit further. Qobuz finally came back to me on Monday morning saying that there was a problem with this album, and inviting me to choose something else which they would ‘slip into my account’. I told them that I didn’t want to spend €75 just then on anything else and that I wanted a refund. They came back saying that they don’t do refunds and again inviting me to pick something else. I told them that European law entitles me a refund and that I had bought the album elsewhere (from HDTracks). 

Next they came back saying that they have come up with a (pretty roundabout) way to download the album and inviting me to do that. I reiterated that I had already bought it elsewhere, and insisted on a refund. To be continued.....

@DAVID O'HIGGINS

David, I had the same issue with Qobuz on another download they completely made a 'pig's ear' of the track listing and turned out half the tracks didn't exist anyway. Like you I was very surprised that they didn't offer me a refund but instead the 'opportunity' to choose another disc. Luckily I was only in for £9.99 so trying my luck I asked for the new Van Morrison at 24/96 retailing at £16.78 which they agreed to. I think they said could have anything other than a box set.

Bit different from a similar 7digital issue where they refunded within the week.

Interested to see how you get on...

Posted on: 09 November 2017 by David O'Higgins

Having received a further brush off from Qobuz ('Thank you for your understanding') I contacted Paypal and related my saga. They have promised to refund the cost to my account. I won't be using Qobuz again in a hurry!

Posted on: 12 November 2017 by mudwolf

Thankfully you used PayPal

Posted on: 12 November 2017 by David O'Higgins
mudwolf posted:

Thankfully you used PayPal

Yes indeed, but now, has anyone listened to this yet? It’s fantastic! There are 102 tracks in the 24 bit download. I’m just on my 3rd pass through, but ‘ The master’s hand is (are?) everywhere.  Pity that the download isn’t accompanied by the booklet, as has become much more common. We’re still second hand citizens, it seems.

Posted on: 17 November 2017 by Ricky Dasler

My Deluxe Edition boxset arrived this week. Am about halfway through and enjoying it very much. The DVD is great, especially as you can select the concert footage on it's own without the 'Sermons' in between each clip. The booklet is a good read also with some nice pics I've not seen before.