It was 40 years ago today, (well, tomorrow actually).

Posted by: dave marshall on 27 October 2017

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols.

Something of a game changer, a real breath of fresh air at the time, and still sounding great today .............. discuss. 

Posted on: 27 October 2017 by james n

An album i was too young to appreciate at the time. Sex Pistols introduction for me was via The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle (probably  seen on Ch4). Still a classic.

Posted on: 27 October 2017 by Nick Lees

The singles that preceded it were, along with The Damned and Clash ones, the game changers. The album was, relatively, a damp squib. Sold well mind.

The Dave Goodman produced version, Spunk, would have been a more powerful statement.

Posted on: 27 October 2017 by AndyP19

Probably the greatest album ever made. 

Posted on: 27 October 2017 by Happy Listener

I recollect watching this live - the Bill Grundy interview. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHPhVhJ7Rs

Posted on: 27 October 2017 by Paper Plane
AndyP19 posted:

Probably the greatest album ever made. 

In the same way that that chemical soup was advertised as "Probably the best lager in the world"?

steve

Posted on: 02 November 2017 by Massimo Bertola

I've finally read their story on wikipedia. How anyone can call such a bunch of wrecks a 'band' is one of those mysteries doomed not to be solved. It's sad that once in a while the need is felt for something contrary to any sense and taste. But obviously the then teenage London needed strongly the musical equivalent of someone pouring Zyklon-B in Buckingham Palace's air conditioning system.

Glory to the only one who came out healthy and wealthy from this stinking disaster, Malcolm McLaren.... Bah.

Posted on: 02 November 2017 by Eoink

If I remember it correctly, the New York Times's obituary of Sid Vicious started "Mr Vicious played bass guitar and spat."

Posted on: 02 November 2017 by Innocent Bystander

I never saw them - wearing safety pins and being gobbed on held no attraction - however I did come to like a few songs after the event (I really like My Way - the singing perfectly suits the song, far better than the old crooner's singing - while Pretty Vacant and God Save the Queen also stand out). I bought them as singles secondhand in the early 80s to play  on my rock disco, since replaced with the downloaded album to enable very occasional play at home.

Posted on: 03 November 2017 by Premmyboy

Classic album for sure. Game changer I don't know. Ramones first album maybe.