Music you’d listen to in the car...but never at home

Posted by: GraemeH on 29 October 2017

’fess up then.  

It’s ‘Bat out of Hell’ for us. It’s great car journey music but I have never ever sat down at home and thought “hmmm...time for a bit of MEATLOAF”.

Even at dinner.

G

Posted on: 29 October 2017 by SongStream

I can quite happily listen to Bat out of Hell at home, but agree it's a good one for a journey.  An old favourite of mine that still works in the car, yet I don't really connect with at home....Belinda Carlisle - Heaven on Earth.  There I said it. 

Posted on: 29 October 2017 by MDS

I tend to listen to Classic FM in the car. Soothing and conducive to a soporific driving style. I would fear for my license if I listened to Bat Out Of Hell in the car. 

Posted on: 29 October 2017 by Innocent Bystander

Radio. Mainly Classic FM, sometimes R3. (I don't listen to music on the radio at home.)

Many years ago when I used to do more frequent long journeys, I used to record a selection of cassettes to play in the car - but no difference in content from what I played at home.

Posted on: 29 October 2017 by joerand

In the same vein as Belinda Carlisle; The Go-Go's. Ace of Base, Bananarama, ABBA, Tina Turner, Olivia Newton-John and Madonna.

Good enough for a spot track in the right mood on the FM while driving, but I'm not spending for a used 99-cent CD to hear any of them at home.