ECM To Start Streaming?

Posted by: Nick Lees on 10 November 2017

According to a Twitter source ECM are to start streaming their catalogue across all the major providers. If true, then Yippee!

https://twitter.com/bruceleven...s/928730762366603269

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by Eoink

Now that would be very interesting to (and I suspect expensive for) me. I bought a lot of ECM music on vinyl in the '80s and '90s, but drifted away and have bought probably 2 CDs in the last 20 years. I'd love to be able to Tidalise the decades I've missed, which will almost certainly lead to several large download binges.

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by Nick Lees

Just checked a few on Qobuz, and yes, the streaming restriction has gone. 

But...tried to play them through Kazoo and won’t work...yet.

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by dave4jazz

ECM streaming on Spotify here.

Thanks for the tip-off.

Dvae

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by aht

Also available on Apple Music.  Thanks for the tip!

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by Bert Schurink

Now listening to A Multitude of Angels of Keith Jarrett on Tidal....

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by Bert Schurink

Ps. As I use Tidal also a lot as listening before I buy type of service - this is great news as I have a great interest in the ECM Catalogue...

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by Nick Lees

Qobuz is working now too. ECM has been tricky to buy, as all you had were a few scraps of samples and the odd video. This could be very expensive.

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by NPR

Thanks Gary for the tip off. 

If you want to listen to some incredible dynamic percussion music, seek out Singing Drums by the Pierre Favre ensemble (especially track 6, Prism, but any of the others will do just fine) ! 

A superbly recorded album.

Plenty of enjoyable hours ahead wading through the ECM catalogue !

Posted on: 10 November 2017 by seakayaker

Gary, thanks for the heads-up. I did a quick check on TIDAL for a couple of artists and have seen some additional releases from ECM but not full catalogues. Perhaps more to come......

Posted on: 19 November 2017 by Hook

This feels very much like an early (and big!) Christmas present from ECM and Tidal. So much to explore, so little time!

Posted on: 19 November 2017 by Jeff Anderson

Not sure how many use Spotify or know this little tip - if you search label:ECM then scroll to the bottom right corner of the result and see Albums and click Select All. Not sure it is the entire catalogue but you get a lot of stuff to listen to.  You also get a few albums that don't seem to be ECM.  Still, a treasure for sure.

Posted on: 19 November 2017 by Jeff Anderson

Just created an ECM folder at Spotify and "click and drop" some albums.  225 albums to look forward to hearing.  And there are more as not all show up in the above search method. The option of renting music isn't all bad.