Finally found a use for HDTRACKS emails

Posted by: Jack From Adelaide on 10 November 2017

I am sure that many of you would have signed up to HDTRACKS to get information on their newest releases. If you are like me you will have clicked the first exciting link with your credit card in hand shaking with excitement that this piece you have always loved is now available in HD! Then like me you will have been crushed to see that "This music is not available for download in your country". I have kept these things coming in the hopes that one day I will be able to buy the music but it looks like it will never eventuate.

HOWEVER, I have found a use for these emails. Typically they release HD versions of albums that are well recorded or are of particular merit. Effectively they are a curated list of good recordings. So what I have taken to doing is using these emails as a guide to see what to listen to on TIDAL, which is only CD quality but often these albums sound quite excellent. So before you cancel your emails from HD Tracks and start sticking pins into a little effigy called "Tracky" consider listening to the content they are spruiking.