What are the model numbers of Naim Remote controls which will operate an AV2 please?

Posted by: vintageaxeman on 18 November 2017

What are the model numbers of Naim Remote controls which will operate an AV2 please?

I need to do a factory reset, then a setup and I am finding it hard just using the front panel buttons.

Thank you.

Posted on: 18 November 2017 by Richard Dane

You need a Narcom AV . Ask your Naim dealer if they have one you can use or buy.

Posted on: 18 November 2017 by vintageaxeman

Thanks, Richard.

Posted on: 22 November 2017 by vintageaxeman

Hi Richard, I have managed to get a Narcom DV (from an N-Vi) which I am told will operate my AV2. However, for setup purposes, the Narcom DV uses different buttons to the Narcom AV. Should I try to work through the button combinations in the N-Vi pdf, or is there a document which relates to the Narcom DV/ Naim AV2 combination?

Also, I have my 3 units, which are the AV2, a NAP150X and a NAP175, under my TV on a rack and cannot keep crawling on the floor to turn off the rear power switches on the 150 and 175. I thought these might automatically go into standby when the AV is switched into standby, but clearly this isn't the case. What is Naim's recommendation? Leave the power amps on all the time? (I do remember at the HiFi Wigwam show at Scalford a couple of years ago, somebody had three or four Naim Frames FULL of gear, and I really can't imagine that Naim owners always 'fiddle round the back' every time they go to bed. (no slur intended!). What is the case, please?

Thanks, David

Posted on: 22 November 2017 by thebigfredc

Naim kit is meant to be left on all the time. 

Ray

Posted on: 23 November 2017 by vintageaxeman

Thanks, Ray....I didn't know that. Cheers, David

Posted on: 24 November 2017 by Richard Dane

David, I think the DVD5 remote (Narcom DV) should work fine.  IIRC the last AV2s came with this remote.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by vintageaxeman

Hi Richard, The Narcom DV that I have managed to get hold of does indeed work with my AV2 BUT my instruction manual is for the Narcom AV which is very different in operation. Is there a modified page for the later AV2 manuals which takes the Narcom DV into account please? Any chance of a link to it? Thank you, David

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Richard Dane

David, IIRC there's a later version manual. An email to Naim's Steven Hopkins when Naim get back from their xmas break should do the trick.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Richard Dane

Or...  a google search of AV2 DVD5 manual will bring up some other sites where the pdf can be downloaded today.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by vintageaxeman

Thanks, Richard. Found it.