Fabulous Live Concerts on disc

Posted by: Foot tapper on 04 January 2018

I've just listened to/watched Jeff Beck's band live at Ronnie Scott's, as below:

Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's

Played from a blu ray disc via the Oppo 203 player and the hifi, it sounded and was simply engrossing.  I absolutely loved it.

Now I'm on to Eric Clapton's 70th birthday concerts at the Albert Hall, also on disc:

Eric Clapton 70th at the Albert Hall

These two discs got me thinking: what other great concert blu ray/DVD discs are there out there that we should all have in our collections?

Best regards, FT

Posted on: 04 January 2018 by winkyincanada

Lots of good ones out there, but I just love this one.

Posted on: 04 January 2018 by MDS

I can highly recommend this:

Posted on: 04 January 2018 by Drikus

Like this one;

Posted on: 04 January 2018 by Kevin-W

Even with the tacky computer graphics inserted, this is still the best:

Posted on: 04 January 2018 by Bob the Builder

Days of Speed - Paul Weller, a recording of his one man acoustic tour is an excellent live recording.

Unplugged - Nirvana , staying with the acoustic vibe.

Posted on: 05 January 2018 by Stevee_S

This one was, at the time, a very different experience for their fans when Metallica teamed up with the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra. It was Michael Kamen who had suggested the idea some ten years earlier but it took until 1999 to get it together. Kamen did a great job of rewriting and the results brought a new and exciting added dimension to their well know tracks . 

Posted on: 05 January 2018 by tonym

Good call on the Jeff Beck FT, awesomely good. I've loads of music BluRays/DVDs & it's difficult to pick out the best, but up there I can recommend :-

Posted on: 05 January 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 06 January 2018 by Foot tapper

Oops, that's 4 new blu rays ordered.  Ahh, now the anticipation....

Posted on: 10 January 2018 by tonym

Some more good ones - 

...and of course, following the sad departure of Ray Thomas, one of the founder members : - 

I also rip the soundtracks from my music BluRays/DVDs, some of which are excellent & most are in HD.