Subwoofer connection to Supernait 2 for 2.1 hifi mode and av bypass HT mode

Posted by: e24djenggos on 11 January 2018

I have tried searching older thread prior to my post but did not manage to find the solution. Am upgrading my HT setup to allow  proper 2.1 hifi mode for listening to music. These have lead me to look at the flagship Supernait 2 since it allows the use of subwoofer. My current setup is dynaudio excite x18 with lowest freq of 44 Hz powered by denon x7200wa avr along with my surround speakers for HT purpose. Now, the Supernait 2, only have AV bypass analog in for front 2 channel speaker. I have not seen the subwoofer-in for Av bypass like how the halo parasound layout. How would i connect my subwoofer to allow 2.1 hifi mode and 5.1 ht mode. Kindly advice the cable require. And among this 2 subwoofer, jl audio e112 and arendal subwoofer 2, which will intergrate well with naim, and allow the two mode.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by Richard Dane

The Supernait is for 2 channel use only.  You can, however, integrate it into a multichannel setup through the fixed AV bypass mode on an input. This way you can connect it to an AV processor or integrated AV amp and the Supernait takes over amplification for the main front L+R channels. You can run a subwoofer as well for music via the Sub pre-outs.  This is full range and you'll need a sub that allows this as well as can be selected for a separate connection from your AV amp for .1 LFE channels from multichannel sources. So, one connection to the sub from the Supernait for 2 channel music - this would be a stereo interconnect.  And a separate mono connection from your AV processor to the sub for LFE .1 sub effects.  The sub should have the ability to switch between the two modes.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by e24djenggos

Hi Richard,

thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate your help on this. Am staying in Singapore. We dont have any trial version makin purchase where we could return if not satisfy. Am sayin about the correct subwoofer to use as per your advise allowing two mode of connection. I cant screenshot the two subwoofer back panel pic for the ease of your view here. To be honest am really new to this hobby. With a view of the 2 subwoofer back panel, and experience of the sub intergrate with naim, please help me to decide on which to purchase. Between jl audio e112 or the arendal subwoofer 2. Thanks again Richard.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by Richard Dane

It's hard to say, I'm not familiar with either, and their websites don't make it altogether clear whether they would suit your purposes anyway.  I would talk to a good dealer - if you're in Singapore go talk to Vik who is well versed in all things Naim.

Posted on: 12 January 2018 by e24djenggos

For the Jl audio e112 , they have the high level input with 4 holes. For home theathre the have the LFE input. Do i need a special cable from the sn 2 sub preout which have 2 output to split to 4?