Felt 2018 reissues anyone?

Posted by: rsch on 25 February 2018

New releases for the the 3-4 Felt albums have been announced for Feb 23th.

However prices, especially for the cd edition (cd + 7" box set) seem quite extortionate at 40 euro on average.

I don' t see point why a reissue of old albums originally released 30 + years ago have to be so expensive

I'm afraid i will quit this time

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 25 February 2018 by Drikus

First five albums are released;

Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty
The Splendour Of Fear 
The Strange Idols Pattern And Other Short Stories
Ignite The Seven Cannons
The Seventeenth Century

It seems they are just reissues, not even remastered. They come in a bespoke 7” box, complete with various ephemera consisting of the original album in a special gatefold sleeve, long deleted 7” vinyl single pertaining to the relevant year of release, reproduction gig flyers, double sided wall poster and four button lapel badges. 

Price on Amazon.de for the cd boxes is 32.99 euro a piece...

Posted on: 25 February 2018 by hungryhalibut

My closest friend went to school with Lawrence in Water Orton, back in the 70s. Crumbling the Antiseptic Beauty is a great album, which can be downloaded in hi res from Qobuz for about £6. 

Posted on: 25 February 2018 by Drikus

Didn't know that. Just had a look and it's not only Crumbling the Antiseptic Beauty that's available in hi-res, the other four as well. Very nice prices and they are remastered!

Link: Felt Qobuz

No good to Roberto I'm afraid, I don't think he uses a streamer or a mac/pc...

Posted on: 25 February 2018 by rsch

Indeed, i don't use streaming for now. I already have C. Red 2003 cd editon btw. Also had vinyls in the early ' 90s 

I think i'll get vinyl reissues only for now.

H.H.

Crumbling T. A. Beauty it's among my fav. of that era, Evergreen Dazed track a real gem.

Regards

Roberto