NME - Stop the press...

Posted by: Tony2011 on 07 March 2018

So, NME is to stop printing of their weekly magazine this Friday. I’m surprised they have  lasted that last long.   I know that, along  Melody Maker, Sounds and others, they were responsible for “promoting” and keeping  us informed of the latest musical trends but, even in digital form, they have lost the plot a long time ago. No more  free tapes, cds or vinyl singles goodies.  Mind you, it’s been about 15 years since I last bought an issue.

I wonder how much long can they hang on?

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by Gazza

It’s a shame.....but the news is already out there, be it Twitter, Facebook or some other means

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by ALANP

With Tony mentioning  free tapes and cds etc it reminded me of the free flexi discs that used to come with the afore mentioned weeklies.Does anybody else still have any? I think I've got some in the loft, Stones,ELP,Slade Fanny ,Curved Air and "Boom Boom Boom Boom Esso Blue" to name a few

Alan 

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by Tony2011

Yep, I still have the  Exile On Main Street Flexi disc that came with the 1972 April issue. 

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by AndyP19

I have the Monty Python  - D P Gumby presents Election 1974 - Flexi disc. I think it was called the tiny black round thing, given away in well must have been Summer 1974.