Rush finished?

Posted by: Paper Plane on 07 March 2018

Maybe I missed a memo somewhere but it appears they have called it a day?

Having been a fan since Signals and seen them live several times I am quite sad.

steve

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by Tony2011

"Fraid so, Steve. There is nothing on their official website but several publications seem to confirm that after 41 years it was time to call it a day. 

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by Gazza

What a shame, but quite an Innings as we say in Cricket terms

Posted on: 07 March 2018 by Bert Schurink

Yes those guys retired, even a small tour doesn’t seem to be planned, a pity....

Posted on: 09 March 2018 by stuart.ashen

What a three piece they were...

Posted on: 10 March 2018 by Harry

They went out in some style. And their legacy isn't exactly patchy, unless you factor in shit sound quality in the later years.

Lee's voice has obviously had it. Look at the R40 tour footage and the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.  Maybe he can get studio work out of it but the evidence suggests he can't tour it. Lifeson's got arthritis in hands and feet. Peart's got tendinitis, and he was emphatic that he wouldn't tour again after the R40 farewell tour.

I think they deserve a long and happy retirement. Their works and achievements are enjoyed and celebrated in this house several times during an average week. Multiply that by a few million and they haven't gone all that far away. To be consistently good for so long chose to stop when a gigantic fan base is still begging for more is another achievement worthy of note.

Posted on: 11 March 2018 by Iron Cobra

Been  fan since A Farewell to Kings, seen them on every UK tour since Permanent Waves. Took our son to see them for the first time aged 12 on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

We know the end has been coming for a while, hoped they would do a UK R40 tour, sadly not to be.  

Happy Memories

Posted on: 27 March 2018 by PSAN
Harry posted:

They went out in some style. And their legacy isn't exactly patchy, unless you factor in shit sound quality in the later years.

Lee's voice has obviously had it. Look at the R40 tour footage and the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.  Maybe he can get studio work out of it but the evidence suggests he can't tour it. Lifeson's got arthritis in hands and feet. Peart's got tendinitis, and he was emphatic that he wouldn't tour again after the R40 farewell tour.

I think they deserve a long and happy retirement. Their works and achievements are enjoyed and celebrated in this house several times during an average week. Multiply that by a few million and they haven't gone all that far away. To be consistently good for so long chose to stop when a gigantic fan base is still begging for more is another achievement worthy of note.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Geddy's voice - or lack of same - was impossible to ignore in the later years, but apart from a few misses they've enriched us with a large number of great albums of supreme musicianship and energy during their long career. Not for everyone, I know, but in this house too their music is enjoyed on a regular basis - with air guitar and air drumming and all.