Connecting Unitiqute to Samsung TV with optical link produces loud buzzing sound

Posted by: jscivias on 07 April 2018

i am able to connect my tv to my speakers by pairing my tv bluetooth to unitiqute bluetooth - however, when i try to connect the tv to unitiqute using the optical cable and i switch my input to digital 2 my speakers immediately start producing loud buzzing noise.. i am not sure where the issue lies, has anyone ever encountered such a problem? 

thank you for your help 

Posted on: 07 April 2018 by winkyincanada
jscivias posted:

i am able to connect my tv to my speakers by pairing my tv bluetooth to unitiqute bluetooth - however, when i try to connect the tv to unitiqute using the optical cable and i switch my input to digital 2 my speakers immediately start producing loud buzzing noise.. i am not sure where the issue lies, has anyone ever encountered such a problem? 

thank you for your help 

You perhaps need to ensure that the digital output of the TV is set to PCM. I don't know about other Naim products, but that is the only digital input protocol my SuperNait will understand.

Posted on: 07 April 2018 by Gazza

Yes please make sure it’s set to pcm, most tv settings default to a Dolby setting.

Posted on: 07 April 2018 by jscivias

Thanks to both of you! PCM did the trick.