I was a bit feisty, some explanation

Posted by: The Strat (Fender) on 11 April 2018

Guys,

Looking back at one of my posts the other day I realised I was somewhat feisty.  Nothing wrong with that in itself but I recognise that my tone was somewhat out of character.  So an explanation.  

Sadly last month my wife Margaret of 35 wonderful years passed away after a long brave battle with peritoneal cancer.   Although in reality not a surprise it is of course hard to rationalise.    

However, in getting through the ordeal I have received unstinting moral support from our 2 fantastic daughters, Natasha and Alison, and other close family and friends.   We had almost 80 people in attendance ar her funeral including Nigel and Karen (the Polarbears) and JonR from this forum, and appropriately featured some fantastic and poignant music in accord with Margaret’s request.  We also raised a lot of money for the amazing Macmillan organisation. 

We now move on to the next chapter however tough that might be. 

Best regards,

Lindsay

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Adam Zielinski

Oh Lindsay - sincere, sincere condolences. 

Adam

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Eoink

My deepest sympathies.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Christopher_M

I'm very sorry to read this, Strat. Wishing you and your family the very best.

Chris

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Ardbeg10y

Wish you all the best.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Finkfan

So sorry to hear that Lindsay. My deepest condolences 

Adam

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Alley Cat

So sorry to hear that news - my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Dungassin

My deepest sympathy for your loss.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by nigelb

Lindsay, so sorry to hear your news. All the very best to you, Natasha, Alison and the rest of your family.

BTW, I sadly follow this forum way too closely and I didn't detect anything untoward in your posts.

Nigel

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by wenger2015

Lindsay,

Really sorry to hear such sad news, deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Glyn

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by ayap1

Very sorry to hear this sad news.Wish you and your family all the best.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by DrMark

I hope you are able to deal with your loss in the best possible way. I am sorry for your loss, but happy that you had such a good and long marriage with the woman you love; such a rarity these days.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Richard Dane

Lindsay, very sorry to hear of your loss. No explanation was needed but thank you for feeling able to talk about it on the forum.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by The Strat (Fender)
Richard Dane posted:

Lindsay, very sorry to hear of your loss. No explanation was needed but thank you for feeling able to talk about it on the forum.

Richard - thanks. Could you correct the title to “some explanation”.  

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by GraemeH

Gosh Lindsay, I feel for you - being unable to imagine life without my (definitely) better half.

Best wishes,

Graeme

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Clive B

My sincere condolences, Lindsay. We are all brought together here through music. I am sure that music will help you too in this difficult time. 

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Harry

I don't know you past reading some of the wisdom and humour you have posted in here. For what it's worth, from a stranger, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Helen and I send our thoughts and condolences to you and your family.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Drewy

I never noticed anything off. I can do a lot worse.

So sorry about your loss, life can be so unfair at times

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by dave marshall

Lindsay, very sorry to read the news of your loss.

Sincere condolences to you, your family and friends, and loved ones.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana

I'm sorry Lindsay!

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by MDS

My condolences, Lindsay. I can understand the pain of such a loss. Brave of you to post about it.

As you say, it's important to be able to look forward.

Mike 

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Gazza

I cannot imagine what you have been through, and are still going through.......keep strong, we all wish you and your family find some emotional closure in the near future.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by rjstaines

Let me add my sincerest condolences, Lindsay, to this long list of unseen friends, all of us brought together by this forum.

Roger

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Filipe
Richard Dane posted:

My condolences also and proud of you for sharing your news. Music has the power to connect with many deep emotions.

Phil

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Don Atkinson

Lindsay, sincere condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. Keep strong as this new chapter with your family grows. 

Don.

Posted on: 11 April 2018 by Fabio 1

My condolences.