Has the website format changed?

Posted by: Alley Cat on 12 April 2018

Up until a few hours ago I used to have all the subfora listed horizontally in tabs at the top and it was quck to change the forum.

Now there is that 'trendy' 3 line disclosure icon so favoured in responsive website design at the top left which animates a list of sub-fora which moves in from the left - seem to recall it being like this on mobile devices but it means extra clicks/steps to jump to a different forum if this has been adopted for the desktop site toom, and is quite superfluous.

One thing that would delight me is if all the fixed announcements could be shifted to another location as it's really tedious scrolling down to read the most recently active thread all the time.

Posted on: 12 April 2018 by Alley Cat
Alley Cat posted:

Up until a few hours ago I used to have all the subfora listed horizontally in tabs at the top and it was quck to change the forum.

Now there is that 'trendy' 3 line disclosure icon so favoured in responsive website design at the top left which animates a list of sub-fora which moves in from the left - seem to recall it being like this on mobile devices but it means extra clicks/steps to jump to a different forum if this has been adopted for the desktop site toom, and is quite superfluous.

One thing that would delight me is if all the fixed announcements could be shifted to another location as it's really tedious scrolling down to read the most recently active thread all the time.

Oh well, looks like a simple issue - browser window was too narow to list the 'tabs' at the top which reappeared as I increased window width....

Posted on: 12 April 2018 by ChrisSU

The desktop/browser view changes to mobile view when you zoom in on it, and reverts to desktop view when you zoom out again. Don't ask me why?!

Posted on: 12 April 2018 by Alley Cat

Must just be taking the reslution of the current window into account when rendering the page, but sure confused me for a little while!