Warranty query, Astell + Kern

Posted by: Bruce Woodhouse on 23 April 2018

My Astell + Kern AK70 Mk II is faulty having dropped a channel on the headphone output. It is 4 months old.

I purchased it from an online shop who have advised me warranty claims are dealt with in the UK by iRiver. However I have used the contact form to attempt get in touch with them twice over the last week without any response.

I will try the additional fax and phone numbers when I get time but my question is that if I am unable to raise a response from iRiver can I get back to the retailer and tell them that it is not my problem to sort out the return and pass the responsibility back to them?

Bruce

Posted on: 23 April 2018 by ChrisSU

Under UK consumer law, whoever you gave your money to is responsible. If they appoint a third party to process returns, that does not exonerate them. 

A&K is, of course, a subsidiary of iRiver, but that still doesn’t get the retailer off the hook. Was it a UK based seller?

Posted on: 23 April 2018 by Bruce Woodhouse

Yes , UK based and a recognised main agent and supplier.

I will get back to them if I get no joy trying direct with iRiver. I thought they ultimately have to sort this out.

Thanks

Bruce

Posted on: 23 April 2018 by ChrisSU

Presumably, iRiver have a UK based facility, if not, it sounds like they are fobbing you off - they can hardly expect you to send it to S. Korea!

Posted on: 23 April 2018 by Bruce Woodhouse

The address is actually in Germany but I need a returns number before I send it off to them.

Bruce