Weird connections to Naim on auction site

Posted by: Eoink on 25 April 2018

Last week I bought an olive Supercap for my 82 from a well-known auction site. For the previous few weeks I’d been browsing listings on that theme, so it doesn’t surprise me that on ads for that site that pop up on my social media I have got a stream of pictures of 52s and 82s for sale. However between the 4 pictures of olive preamps I am also recommended a “women zipper seethrough mesh catsuit” and a farmhouse with four barns for sale in Bulgaria. I have no idea what the connection with Naim is there (or indeed anything in my general browsing history which currently would include 2007/8 Burgundies, British-made art-glass and rocking chairs.) o

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by Beachcomber

Well, the barn makes sense.  Great place to set up a Naim system. I suppose the catsuit could be a bonus...

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by TOBYJUG

I'm often getting pop ups on things my other half has ordered online from another device and her laptop. 

This had put me off ordering those magic truffles online in case something pops up in her shopping feed !!

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by David Hendon

Ever since I googled someone I had met and then unwisely looked at the website of the place he runs (a retirement village as it happens) I have had ads for retirement living of all sorts in my social media feed and on numerous unrelated websites, but also I have had stuff come by post and a couple of telephone callers. It's a very connected world we live in.

No catsuits though, mesh or otherwise! There must be a special Naim angle there.

best

David

Posted on: 04 May 2018 by Massimo Bertola
David Hendon posted:

(..) It's a very connected world we live in.

David

It is, and I have got used to see all kinds od pop-ups relating to some browsing I have done. What was a surprise, however, was – it's happening just now – the an American Internet Radio I usually listen to (Got Radio 60s) is now, since some time, interrupted by audio ads in Italian, of Italian goods or services.

We are much more (and much worse) than connected.