? TINA TURNER,...an Icon as a Live Performare,and Artist..?

Posted by: Peder on 25 April 2018

???? TINA TURNER,...what can I say. 6 month ago a friend send me a clip from YouTube. I have some of her records on vinyl,have listen to her records and also earlier.....a long time ago see her on TV. But never see her doing a Live Performance on stage,I have now.....thanks to YouTube.

The sound is not so good on YouTube-clips than on vinyl-records,but it doesn't matter,to see this heroin-lady (as Oprah Winfrey says) in Live Performance is out of this world

To see her performing live is marvelous,she owns the stage,and the audience eat from her hands. She was known as to have 100% public-contact from the first song. And I think you know about  her energy,dynamic,intensenty,electrisity and always giving 100% on stage. Some facts...

?Tina Turner has sold more concert tickets than any other solo-artist...over all times ? 

? 11 World Tours, every one Sold Out,the longest "Break Every Rule Tour" in 1988, 218 conserts....and we talk here about Arena-concerts. Not many artists can fill arena-conserts,all Tina's was Sold Out. 

? Tina's last Tour was 2009,she was then 69 years old,and have been away from stage 9 years. This Tour goes in Europé and USA, 96 concerts.....everyone Sold Out. Believe that,....away from the music-business 9 years,return,and every Arena-concert Sold Out. She also get top-writings in all "newspapers"...as all called her,..."The Queen of Rock'n'Roll".....69 years old,and the same energy on stage ? 

? Tina has the world-record of the biggest concert in all times,it was at Maracana-stadium in Rio de Janeiro 1988. 188 000 people was at the concert....think about that, 188 000 people. The second place has George Michael,the same stadium with "only ????" 160 000 people.

? TINA; The Musical,...a musical of her life had World Premier in London some week ago. Tina loves England,London and was glad that this musical starts in London.

? A new book about Tina come in october,the first "I Tina" came 1986.

? Tina has won everything you can think of in the business, Kennedy Center Honored ect,the last one in januari this year.....The Lifetime Achivements Award,because of this price they shall have a big concert for her this summer. Best Rock voice of all time and of the 100 best sing voices of all times she is on place 17.......not bad for a rock-singer.

This is a start-post to this thread,maybe others here can put in something about this Iconic Artist. She loved to performe in England,I shall later post a clip from her consert at Wembley-stadium year 2000,she was then 60 years old....maybe some of you visit that consert?

At last,here is a clip from 1990,a concert in Barcelona. From the "Foreign Affair World Tour" 124 conserts.Tina was here 50 years old.....but,holy sh-t .... Look at the powerlady?  Here we can talk about electrisity....enjoy.

As I say,Tina you shall see,hear live...not on record.

----------------------------------------------------

Here comes a YouTube-video to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?...R57Q4gds&sns=sms

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by Richard Dane

Peder, I assume you meant Tina Turner, and not Tuner.  I have edited for you.

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by Peder
Richard Dane posted:

Richard,...of course,many,many Thanks for that.Good teamwork ????.

Peder???? 

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by Mike-B

I don't know were you get your info from Peder, according to Bill Board Tina Turner is ranked 23 on the top touring artists of the decade list. Also remember its hard to say Tina or any pop/rock solo artist is a solo artist in the true sense of the word as she has a large band & backing singers & I guess some dancers as well in her stage show.

Rolling Stones are the #1 grossing band;   
Total Gross: $869,471,325      Number of Shows: 264     
Total Attendance: 8,236,586   Number of Sell-Outs: 190

Madonna is the top grossing “solo” artist
Total Gross: $801,299,671 Number of Shows: 248
Total Attendance: 6,387,124 Number of Sell-Outs: 244

The Dave Matthews Band has sold more tickets
Total Gross: $505,447,901 Number of Shows: 547
Total Attendance: 11,230,696 Number of Sell-Outs: 282

Celine Dion had (both) more shows & more sell-outs
Total Gross: $536,593,262 Number of Shows: 792
Total Attendance: 4,099,963 Number of Sell-Outs: 597

Tina Turner is ranked #23 
Total Gross: $212,012,527 Number of Shows: 168
Total Attendance: 3,205,895 Number of Sell-Outs: 106

???? MIKE-B,...yes I have seen this and alot of other info to,for example....for a long time I had the number of 184 000 people for her big concert. Just a month ago I have the right number of people 188 000.

It's so many facts on internet,but I have done alot of research the last 6 month about Tina Turner. Have been in contact with people who is very near Tina herself. Also write to her,but thats a secret that I not can talk official about.

So this is as near the truth you....I can get. But it doesn't matter,the meaning of this thread is to talk about her, and if we have some memories, because of the fantastic Live Performer she is in first place.I haven't listen to her for at least 15-18 years,it was when my friend send me that YouTube-clip, and I see her perform live that I say to myself....Whaooo? 

After that,the records I have means nothing,it gives me a complitly different feeling to see her performe live. An another example,the song "Undercover Agent For The Blues" from the same concert....Barcelona 1990.Play that song from the record, and than listen to the clip.....the record is not near.....it's a fantastic Live Performance of that song in that concert....I shall post the clip here later.

In this days the music business "make artist" if you know what I mean,it's good to see artist with real talent who can performe live.

And of course she is a solo-artist,every solo artist has a band. But in many tours she was alone at stage.....no dancers.

The Rolling Stone paper writes in an article,..."other solo artists needs alot of dancers,fancy kostyms,big stage decor ect ect....Tina just need herself, a good band and the public".....that says everything.She is in a league of herself,just hear her voice and look at her contact with the public/audience.

The most of times I listen to this clips with my headphones,thru phone,Ipad or computer because it's importent to see the picture to,otherwise you lost at least half of the performance....I have a good dac of course ????.

Peder,  there is an old saying that if you give the same numbers to 6 statisticians (or accountants) you will get 6 different answers. 

I saw Tina live when she was Ike & Tina Turner when they were part of a multi-band gig in San Francisco in the late 1960's,  they were not very good (sorry to say).     I also saw her in Minneapolis sometime around 2000;  that was a great concert,  very professional performance & great sound,   sorry for me it was a last minute ticket & I did not have a good seat & view.    But even so she does not get a regular play on my system

MIKE-B,....I agree with you,as I say I haven't played her much on my system. Tina is an artist that you shall see live....not listen to records. I think it was because of that she was on so many tours. They say that she was the most hard working women in the music-business,she wants to meet the public.....the public made her better.

Oprah made a TV-program to celebrate her at Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas...it was Sold Out,Tina was 68 years old then. In that program Tina say that she shall go out for one more Tour....the last. She say that she wants to meet her fans,the public one more time. She gets standing ovations in 10 minutes after saying that.

I'm surpriced that I'm been so "overwhelming" about her now,but I think it has something to do with what she says in an intervju......"people know it wasn't Hollywood,it was real....I live this life".

David Bowie also say in an intervju, " when I performe with other artist and look in their eyes when we sing,....there eyes were cold,they only do their job......When I performe and sing with Tina,whaoo,you should see her eyes,full of feelings for the music.....it wasn't only a job for her'.

I think maybe that can be one of the things, that made her so big as an Live Performare. And I think that is what I like when I see this clips.....an artist that give her all when she performes...not just doing her job.

Mike-B,her period with Ike I don't like,but from 1983 "Let's Stay Together" and forward....when she goes into Rock'n'Roll. That's more what I like with her.

Here is the clip I talk about earlier,from 1990, track "Undercover Agent For The Blues".

It's from the tour "Foreign Affair World Tour",the sound is a little low,less of dynamics in this clip.I shall post the hole concert from 1990 it's better. This is a concert well worth to looking at...Tina as she's best with much energy in her voice.

----------------------------------------------------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...H4T4OgVU&sns=sms

Peder???? 

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by audio1946

saw her only once private dancer tour mid 80s Birmingham i think stunning fun show  .   

Here comes the hole concert from 1990 "Foreign Affair World Tour" in Barcelona.The concert is 1,35 long,many says this is one of Tina's best concerts. Her voice is full of power,energy....just listen.

Watch the first song "Steamy Windows",after 30 seconds the public is in extas? 

?"Undercover Agent For The Blues" is 15,50 minutes in in the concert.

------------------------------------------------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...u4Vz121o&sns=sms

Peder???? 

Mike-B posted:

Peder,  there is an old saying that if you give the same numbers to 6 statisticians (or accountants) you will get 6 different answers. 

Mike-B,...exactly,and because of that, I go to the source herself and people just near her ????.

But you have been at a concert,....not me, so you have +1 against me ????????.I live in the northen part of Sweden,1000 km from Stockholm so not so many World Artists came up here.

But in summer1990 Tina shall have a concert in Bremen Germany,we came from southern part of Europé but must go home to Sweden. It was the nearest I have been to a Tina concert....just 10km.

Shit happens????.

?Mike-B,...I shall post a clip for you,it's from her concert at Wembley-stadium,London year 2000. It must have been the same concert that you see in your country. The song is "Addicted To Love"...a real Rock'n'Roll track....enjoy.

Mike-B,...I forgot to post the clip,here it comes...."Addicted To Love" from Wembley stadium year 2000.Tina is here 60 years old,but she rocks so no one can compete with here. Alone on stage,.....no dancers? 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...v9Zvh6Yw&sns=sms

Peder???? 

???? The last one tonight,just to show you that old ladies can Rock. Tina is here 69 years old, out on her last Tour....it's an Arena-concert...Sold Out of course. Hope you have good equipment to play/see this with.

Song: Typical Male.

--------------------------------------------------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...N0LKMfGQ&sns=sms

Peder???? 

Peder posted:

?Mike-B,...I shall post a clip for you,it's from her concert at Wembley-stadium,London year 2000. It must have been the same concert that you see in your country. The song is "Addicted To Love"...a real Rock'n'Roll track....enjoy. 

Tack Peder,  nice thought but U-Tube clips get me rocking about a much as 5/4 time Rap on MP3

My country is UK:  in late 60's I was bumming around USA, mostly SF & LA & got see a lot of bands & people.  In my work life I travelled in many parts of the world, Minneapolis (were I last saw Tina) was my companies HQ for R&D & Engineering.

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by kuma
Richard Dane posted:

Could have been Tuna Turner.

KUMA,...great clip ????????.I remember that you have the site mybriks. Do you still use your briks?

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 25 April 2018 by kuma

Peder, Yes I do!

kuma posted:

Peder, Yes I do!

Kuma,...same here. I buy my briks new 1991 and still have them.Later I get a pair of Keltiks,but I sold them after 10 month and kept the briks.

I remember when I play Tina's "The Best and Two People" on my aktive briks around 1992,it's sounds really good. But "Two People" on Linn Kan was also really really good.

I must learn to post in pictures here,this and other threads looks more fun to look at then.

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 26 April 2018 by Peder
Mike-B posted

???? Tack Peder,  nice thought but U-Tube clips get me rocking about a much as 5/4 time Rap on MP3

My country is UK:  in late 60's I was bumming around USA, mostly SF & LA & got see a lot of bands & people.  In my work life I travelled in many parts of the world, Minneapolis (were I last saw Tina) was my companies HQ for R&D & Engineering.

???? A swedish word,...thank's.

Then you are a little bit older than me,it must have been fantastic to be there in USA under that time......Janis Joplin,Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival,Jefferson Airplane,Allman Brothers,Greateful Dead,Chicago,Blood Sweat and Tears ect,ect and all this Underground Clubs....whaoo???????? you must have great memories.

???? About YouTube-clips,I must tell you a little story. I have been/are a real hard core-guy on vinyl replay,always have a top-spec LP12. I have had different top-spec CD-players over the years ,but almost never played on them....the different in soundquality to vinyl replay was so big.

In the middle of 2011 I heard a Linn streamer for the first time (I wasn't interesting in digital replay),it was Linn Akurate DS (a friend has it),it cost around £6000 here in Sweden in 2011. My friend often talks about the look in my face when I heard it.....I asked him if it was "broken" in some ways ???? . It sounds terrible! There you have my level when we talk "digital replay". Later that year I also heard a Linn Klimax DS that another friend has,same experience.....better but still terrible against vinyl replay.

Because of this story,it's strange that I can listen too YouTube-clips and enjoy it,......but I can. You must see it as it is,a good way to see some of your favorite artists play live.I also think, that you have another experience/feeling when you see AND hear the artist at the same time....it compensate for the lower soundquality in some way.It must be so,because I can listen to it and enjoy it....and you see my "digital story up here".

Many,many clips are very bad in soundquality,but if you look at...say 15 clips you find one good so you can listen to it. For me I look, and listen to the music and message the musicians send out from stage under there Performance.How they move,control the stage,the contact with the audience....the real feelings they have under their performance ect.....AND here is Tina Turner in a league of her own.Nobody is near her.

As a big music journalist writes,..."If we talk Live Performance,other so called artists should be ashamed compared to Tina"

A friend of my can listen to this clips I have posted here,on his top-spec Linn-system..he has the best system that Linn have built....always the latest in upgrades. But I listen with this Equipment, smartphone,ipad or computer.Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphones,Audioquest Dragonfly Black and/or Red usb-dac. I think this had good synergy, so you can enjoy it and don't think about the loss in soundquality.

We are many here in Sweden who send music tips,clips to each other.Many of them have buy'd Bowers & Wilkins P7 and Audioquest Dragonfly Black usb-dac's.....just to see this tips/clips. An easy/cheap way to see this clips, when you see TV,someone send you a clip/tips...just put on your headphones and start your smartphone....And there you are,a Live Performance in a few seconds.....just be a little Openminded to this YouTube-clips,a little different experience....but still music..? 

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 27 April 2018 by Peder

???? We stop here with YouTube explainations, and go back to TINA TURNERS fantastic carreer.? 

I have write this earlier,but here you have it with a little more explaination.....

???? Year 2000.
Tina starts her Twenty Four Seven Tour in Minneapolis, March 23. It's the most successful tour of her career. ?Guinness World Records announced that Tina sold more concert tickets than any other solo concert performer in music history?. At the last show of the tour in Anaheim,Netherlands,December 6, Tina says goodbye and takes a four year break from the music business.

It was there,in Minneapolis that Mike-B saw Tina's concert.

/Peder???? 

Here I throw in a clip again from her last Tour,when the tour starts she was 69,....but here she has passed her birthday and are 70 years old.

Believe that,70 years old and act on stage like this. As she says in an intervju,...."I have lost some tone,and have some celluites.....but I don't say witch or where".

? A comment from one in the audience,....."Awesome singing Tina,no female singers around fit to stand in your shadow......Beyonce is a Tina Turner waanabe".

???? The song is: What You Get Is What You See.

Place: An Arena-concert....Sold Out.She did this last tour, to celebrate her 50-years on stage as a Live Performare.

The guy who sings with Tina is John Miles,a fantastic voice,and have been in her band many,many years. He has also a solo career as I think you know about.

-----------------???????????????????????????????????? ----------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...0GrX9jds&sns=sms

/Peder???? 

Here we post in things as they come......????.

Two hours ago Tina released this on her site.It was pictures to,as I say earlier...I must take me some time to learn to post it here.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???? The Love Story ..... by Tina Turner ????

Description
Product description
Love’s got everything to do with it.

Tina Turner is the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll, a musical icon celebrating her 60th year in the industry. In this dramatic autobiography, she tells the story of a truly remarkable life in the spotlight.

From her early years picking cotton in Nutbush, Tennessee to her rise to fame alongside Ike Turner, and finally to her phenomenal success in the 1980s and beyond, Tina candidly examines her personal history, from her darkest hours to her happiest moments and everything in between.

Brimming with her trademark blend of strength, energy, heart and soul, My Love Story is a gripping, surprising memoir, as memorable and entertaining as any of her greatest hits.
Book Description
Tina Turner: My Love Story will chart the full, dramatic story of one of the most remarkable women in music history, celebrating Tina Turner’s 60th year in the industry.
About the Author
One of the best-selling artists of all time, Tina Turner has sold 200 million records, won 11 Grammy Awards and has set the stage on fire with every rock luminary from Mick Jagger to Beyoncé. Her live shows have been seen by millions, with more concert tickets sold than any other solo performer in music history. Tina Turner has 3.6 million Likes on Facebook.

It was this book I talk about in my first post here,now it's possible to preorder it....they release it in october. Who says that this "Girl from Nutbush" has retired. In the end of november 2017,the 26,Tina's birthday,she's been 78 years old. But more active then ever,a really,really fantastic lady..? ..... To this date this year Tina has.....

? In januari,she won the BIG Honor Price,.......... The Lifetime Achievement Award.

? In april, World Premier on...TINA;The Musical a musical about Tina's life, as a woman and Live Performance Artist.They have worked 3 years with this musical before this premiär.

? This summer,a BIG concert for Tina,to Celebrate her as an artist AND for the price.....: The Lifetime Achievement Award.

? In october,..the release of the book,... The Love Story,as I already talked about.

When we are 78,....if we still are alive ????,maybe we just sitting in our chair and read the newspaper.Tina is working and out on promotion-tours for all her projects. As I say,a fantastic Rock-Lady.? 

/Peder???? 

???? I have today post a clip here,when Tina performe at an age of 70. Now I post a clip from 1985 when she is 46 years old.

The song here is,....????Show Some Respect????,and is the START-song in this concert. A track full of raw power in her voice....just listen.

Down here I post in two writings, that people have write after they have looked at this clip. Both this clip today has good YouTube-quality,if you don't rock when you see this,then you must get some other equipment to listen thru ????.

? I frikin love this womans energy in her performances...!!! No one can perform like her. The energy,and sincere fun she haves is just incredible...????. There will never be another Tina.

? I can't believe how raw this is. At the end your like,did that really just happen as she is singing her life anthem.

-------------???????????????????????????????????????????? -------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Lc4XL6mE&sns=sms

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 28 April 2018 by Peder

? Sorry,I write, or forget one word in the BIG price that Tina gets in the end of januari this year. The right name of the price is.......

???? The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards.

From the Rolling Stone-paper.....???????????????????? 

Queen, Tina Turner to Receive Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, Louis Jordan also among Recording Academy's Special Merit Award recipients

Queen, Tina Turner and Neil Diamond are among the artists who will receive the Grammys' Lifetime Achievement Award. Richard E. Aaron/Getty, Peter Still/Getty
By Jon Blistein
January 9, 2018

Queen, Tina Turner, Neil Diamond and Emmylou Harris are among the artists who will receive the Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018.
Related

2018 Grammy Nominations: 5 Things We Learned
The organization behind the Grammys will also hand out its Special Merit Awards to Louis Jordan, the Meters and Wrecking Crew drummer Hal Blaine. This year's honorees will be celebrated at a ceremony and concert set to take place this summer. Additional details will be announced in the coming weeks.
"This year's Special Merit Awards recipients are a prestigious group of diverse and influential creators who have crafted or contributed to some of the most distinctive recordings in music history," said Recording Academy President/CEO Neil Portnow. "These exceptionally inspiring figures are being honored as legendary performers, creative architects, and technical visionaries. Their outstanding accomplishments and passion for their craft have created a timeless legacy."
The Recording Academy also announced it would hand out its Trustees Award to composer John Williams, record executive Seymour Stein and late concert promoter Bill Graham. Meanwhile, inventor Richard Factor and engineer Tony Agnello – who helped build the audio equipment company Eventide – will receive the special Technical Grammy Award.

The Recording Academy will host the 60th Annual Grammy Awards January 28th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The initial lineup of performers includes Lady Gaga, Pink, Childish Gambino and Little Big Town. 

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 28 April 2018 by kuma
Peder posted:

Kuma,...same here. I buy my briks new 1991 and still have them.Later I get a pair of Keltiks,but I sold them after 10 month and kept the briks.

I remember when I play Tina's "The Best and Two People" on my aktive briks around 1992,it's sounds really good. But "Two People" on Linn Kan was also really really good.

I must learn to post in pictures here,this and other threads looks more fun to look at then.

/Peder???? 

Peder,

Send me your Briks pix via mybriks.com or via [removed] and I am happy to add the page for you!

Posted on: 29 April 2018 by Peder

Strange,I just got an ide'.....so I compare "Ask Me How I Feel" and "Steamy Windows" from Spotify (not Tidal), against the same songs in the concert that I have post here earlier.

The concert is "Foreign Affair Word Tour" from Barcelona 1,35 long. The concert versions is much better....and it is a "YouTube-clip" ????.

Can you think....or believe,all this young people who goes around with headphones outside and listen too this "crap". Who shall be the new costumers who buy's High End Hifi.....not all this young people,thats for sure ????????.

Are we the last generation in this hobby..? 

/Peder????