The Naim Compendium

Posted by: SamClaus on 08 May 2018

Having had several pieces of Naim equipment over the decades (starting in 1979), I was wondering whether anything similar to the Nikon or Leica compendia had ever been published by Naim. I do find it difficult sometimes to navigate my way around the different amps/preamps, etc. - some of the members know an awful lot about Naim's history, but they seem to take it for granted that we all share the same knowledge. The "product history", on the Naim site, is of very limited interest - some major components are even missing.

Wouldn't Richard Dane be the right person to start such a project, which might include contemporary reviews, and perhaps technical details for those who are more technically minded?

Posted on: 09 May 2018 by Richard Dane

Sam, I have something like that but it's unfinished work in progress at the moment. So far I've done about as far as the start of the Olive period. It may be better just to put what i have done on an info website, but I'll need the time and also to learn how to do it. The roots of the basic info lie in the old dealer manual, copies of which turn up from time to time on that auction site. What I have done is expand it much further with greater detail.

Posted on: 20 May 2018 by Suzy Wong

Richard,

Have you seen there’s now a “Naim Visitor Manual” on that “well known auction site”? Is that the dealer manual you were referring to above?

Perhaps you could suggest to Trevor that it should be preserved for posterity...............