Printing a complete thread?

Posted by: ynwa250505 on 17 May 2018

I can’t find this capability anywhere - it seems to only be possible to print a single thread entry or am I missing something?

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by Richard Dane

Peter, I've never tried to do this so i thought I'd investigate. There's a Printer friendly format button, but it only seems to work on a single post or reply rather then an entire thread. 

I'll ask Hoop La.

Posted on: 17 May 2018 by ynwa250505

Thanks Richard - it would be a very useful feature, particularly for offline analysis/review of the more technical threads. 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Richard Dane

Peter, it seems to me that if you right click on the page (double finger click for mac) then you get the option to print the page.  The forum then automatically formats it so you  print off the entire page of just posts and replies.  

However, I'm still waiting to hear whether there's a way to print all pages of a topic in one go.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ChrisSU

If you have a printer that will print over WiFi from an iPhone, it will print the full thread, although it won’t print multi-page threads in one go. 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Richard Dane

OK, it looks like the way to print off a long thread is to go to the last reply and underneath you can set the page to show up to 200 posts per page.  So 200 posts is the limit per page per print.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ynwa250505

Thanks Richard - that should be good enough. Fortunately, I will never feel the need to print the EU thread lol ...

rgds

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Don Atkinson
ynwa250505 posted:

Thanks Richard - that should be good enough. Fortunately, I will never feel the need to print the EU thread lol ...

rgds

I feel desperately disappointed................

For anyone interested, I have compiled the entire thread into a Paperback Book - Vol 1; available for the princely sum of £999 incl postage in the UK only (extra for postage to the EU)

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by MDS

Surely you're going to price that in Euros, Don? Resurrection would expect nothing less. 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ChrisSU

Footer from an email I received from Naim a little while ago:

”Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?”

I think this point might reasonably be applied to forum posts too, let alone entire threads. 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by ynwa250505
Don Atkinson posted:
ynwa250505 posted:

rgds

I feel desperately disappointed................

For anyone interested, I have compiled the entire thread into a Paperback Book - Vol 1; available for the princely sum of £999 incl postage in the UK only (extra for postage to the EU)

Don - given the volume of paper you would have to be providing it would good value, in anybody’s money, at twice the price ...